• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. This is bugging me....

User Info: Jeansama

Jeansama
6 years ago#1
I just feel like this game is a little too hard. Don't get me wrong, I love me some hard Megaman. I love Zero 1. But this feels more unrewarding frustrating than conquering 1 ever did for me. I've gotten up to the bomb dismantling mission in 1 maintaining an A rank and I'm pretty proud of that. I can't even beat the first non-intro level after many, many attempts in 2. It just.... doesn't feel as good. Maybe it'll grow on me, I don't know. I have read that it's the weakest gameplay-wise of the series, but I wouldn't skip it before playing the others. I guess I'll just truck on.

I don't even want to think about A ranks in this game for a long, long time. I think I'll just try to get the better forms and maybe attempt that in a second playthrough.

Also, holy hell the accuracy on that chain rod. I can't count how many times I've died just trying to traverse this level to have it not actually stick to the ceiling (and yes I am holding the button).

User Info: PatchTuesday

PatchTuesday
6 years ago#2
Wait... you're dying in Hyleg Ourobuckle's stage? How?

The Chain Rod is a serious pain in the ass, but you're very rarely required to use it. The only other thing I can think of that can screw you is the sometimes obnoxious spawning of the bees.
GT: Stringslayer420

User Info: Jeansama

Jeansama
6 years ago#3
I've beaten it now, but it was the spiky parts that were getting me (getting that subtank, and my first couple of run-ins with the spike cieling). Now that I can grind weapons on a stage and have a subtank it shouldn't be as bad, but it just feels... a bit weird compared to the first game so far.

User Info: presea_lover

presea_lover
6 years ago#4
The game is really, really hard until you learn a few basic tricks.

1. Triple slash does ridiculous damage to bosses. If you don't have their weakness (charge slashing is more fun and makes you cooler), then just stand in one place and mash sword button and congratulations, a winner is you.

2. Learn to dash jump. It should be on L trigger, so just learn the timing for hitting L, jump and a direction. You need to be able to dash jump on demand, repeatedly and for the full height/distance, every time. Do this and obstacles are less scary.

3. Wall jumping. Should go without saying, but learn how to charge both attacks at the same time while clinging to, dashing up, jump off of and sliding down walls. You don't ever really have enough time in boss fights to screw around.

4. Subtanks. They make the game much easier, as you've seen.

All you need is your Zero 1 skills you've already developed, it's just the difficulty is turned up a bit and the game doesn't baby you at all. Ourobuckle is a piece of cake, though. Phoenix Magnion is where it's at.

Don't get me wrong, this is a brutal game, but it's doable. IMO this is the best or 2nd best of the Zero games for gameplay. I love the bosses and each stage feels unique and awesomely difficult in its own way. Some of the levels and bosses in Zero 4 are downright forgettable.
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man Zero 2
  3. This is bugging me....
  • Topic Archived