• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. Emperor Ing, how to dodge his laser beam

User Info: PeFromHolland

PeFromHolland
1 year ago#1
Years ago I succeeded to beat MP Echoes more then once, although my son, always did the Spider Guardian for me. Due to his autism he always stayed calm, while I had my heart beating in my throat and got nervous on the last bit..
This time I was able to beat it myself (Yeeeh amazing), but now I'm stuck on that darn Emperor Ing.
Once I have taken out the tentacles and exposing his eye, I move in, (as advised) to avoid the laser beam, but I always bump into his body for some reason, this hits me back and then I get hit by the beam, and then the eye retracts again and I can start all over again, without having done any damage at all.
What a waste of time, life, sanity and above all ammo.

I managed (HOW?) to beat him until his third form, but I forget to scan his eye...(HawHaw) and I died on his third form.
And I was able to beat him once, (screw attacked his belly as a final attempt) but then Dark Samus did me in, because I had no ammo left, and didn't know what to do. (I'm pretty forgetful)

But after (lost count) many attempts I am not able to even get to his second form.

What am I doing wrong in dodging his laser beam?
I lock onto his eye, and strafe, but it does not help. He keeps on lasering me, so I can't aim my weapon.

Saw a guy on youtube doing him in in 1.55 minutes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj9_qbr5mhk
Is there cheating involved? Or influencing the game in any way?
he doesn't even has space jump (don't think it's on gamecube though)
But my point is, it has to be possible to beat this guy more simple and at least in a more faster way, he makes it look so easy.
I wish I was a volcano, lying on my back all day smoking, while people would say:
Look, she's working!

User Info: Da Dood

Da Dood
1 year ago#2
If you want to beat him without a sweat, hit the underside of his body with Screw Attack. Just aim somewhere between his legs and activate SA. The hitboxes are weird there and he takes a ton of damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LXR65pP0IA
And this time!

PeFromHolland
1 year ago#3
That's just the point, I don't even get to trying that. (succeeded once with the screw attack, as I stated in my opening post)

Now I fail miserably on his first form...Tentacles and eye, again and again.
Need help with that.
I wish I was a volcano, lying on my back all day smoking, while people would say:
Look, she's working!

PeFromHolland
1 year ago#4
No-one?

Still fail miserably, and now I experience another problem
as soon as I am able to focus on his eye and shoot the super-missiles, I roll in a ball and gone is my chance to hit him.
Can do the whole routine over again, until I die SIGH!
Look, she's working!

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
1 year ago#5
If you struggle timing super missiles use charged light beam shots instead. They do the same amount of damage and when locked will all hit when you fire at the eye's opening. Just spam the dash when locked on to avoid the beam, there's a sweet spot distance where he'll miss every time and you're still out of the phazon lining the arena.

The last phase is the awful one, trying to hit him with the dark beam when he's only vulnerable to that or Annihilator is a complete waste of time.
27 pronged approach! We weren't gonna shoot it ALL into space, that's what the other prongs were for! Stupid...

PeFromHolland
1 year ago#6
eJDM_Jev posted...
there's a sweet spot distance where he'll miss every time and you're still out of the phazon lining the arena.

Can you explain what it exactly is?
I have a feeling, but where is it then?

last week I managed 1 time to pass his first fase, (did it with dashing and firing annihilator beams, still hard though and I run out of ammo real quick)
then I waited to destroy his tentacles (no real problems with that stage), just as long as my health is somewhat recovered, only to die within 2 minutes on his last form....trying to screw attack him (did it once, never again)
So I die on his last form, because I have such a small amount of moments to practise his last form.
Not to mention Dark Samus afterwards
Look, she's working!
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
11 months ago#7
Topic creator is referring to phase 1, after taking down all the tentacles.

I find the best way to dodge the eye beam is to stay close to the body. It may be harder to hit the gap between the shields, but I it's much easier to evade the beam than standing far away. The beam tends to have a harder time tracking you.

Also, there are four points on the map (with a textured floor) that are a bit further away from the main body, thus making it easier to evade its' various tentacle attacks. I didn't figure this out until I was playing the Prime Trilogy version on Hypermode difficulty, though sticking to those mentioned spots meant I was only down a tank and a half, instead of 10 tanks by the time I got to the 2nd phase.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!
(edited 11 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. Emperor Ing, how to dodge his laser beam
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A