• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. The three hardest/most bulls*** part of the game

User Info: Screaming_Skull

Screaming_Skull
2 years ago#11
Been playing through this again this past week, don't know if it's just me to experience it but the two dark bloggs in the training chamber have to be the most broken enemies in the whole game. I must have shot those damn things point blank in their piehole at least thirty times with every possible power / light / dark beam shot, missile / super missile and they just would not die. All that whilst they're constantly surrounding and charging me taking off huge chunks of energy so that I ended up losing more life bars than I did on the alpha blogg. At least that's a much bigger target and has its own life bar so you at least know when you've managed to hit it properly. Not like I could just ignore them either, since I needed to get up the spider ball track in the water which they otherwise would have just kept knocking me off. Eventually I just ended up vaporizing them with the powerbomb, and that was still only enough to kill just one of them so I had to waste my second one to finish the other. Ridiculous how I came closest to dying on them then anything else excluding the boost guardian.

Still an excellent game otherwise (worth it just to get to and be awed by the sanctuary fortress again alone) but yeah I forgot just how overwhelming, exhausting and frustrating it can get at times, particularly in regards to some of the bosses and enemies, the constant back and forth portal jumping and tedious key hunt at the end, especially compared to the first Prime which was much more straightforward in design and mechanics. I can only really play it in hourly sessions now before having to take long breaks in between. My completion time usually averages about twelve hours but collectively it feels a hell of a lot longer than that.
Future. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured.

User Info: JDM_Jev

JDM_Jev
2 years ago#12
I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure you can leave the room without killing them in the 2? Instances you run into dark bloggs. And I think they feint their ram attack like the alpha blogg and don't open their mouth enough to expose their hurtbox sometimes so that might be where the seemingly endless health bar is coming from. I remember I usually just jump down into the water in morph ball mode and quickly boost up the track and over into the bomb slot to kill them with the statue moving.
you get that thing I sent ya

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
2 years ago#13
Screaming_Skull posted...
Been playing through this again this past week, don't know if it's just me to experience it but the two dark bloggs in the training chamber have to be the most broken enemies in the whole game. I must have shot those damn things point blank in their piehole at least thirty times with every possible power / light / dark beam shot, missile / super missile and they just would not die. All that whilst they're constantly surrounding and charging me taking off huge chunks of energy so that I ended up losing more life bars than I did on the alpha blogg. At least that's a much bigger target and has its own life bar so you at least know when you've managed to hit it properly. Not like I could just ignore them either, since I needed to get up the spider ball track in the water which they otherwise would have just kept knocking me off. Eventually I just ended up vaporizing them with the powerbomb, and that was still only enough to kill just one of them so I had to waste my second one to finish the other. Ridiculous how I came closest to dying on them then anything else excluding the boost guardian.

Still an excellent game otherwise (worth it just to get to and be awed by the sanctuary fortress again alone) but yeah I forgot just how overwhelming, exhausting and frustrating it can get at times, particularly in regards to some of the bosses and enemies, the constant back and forth portal jumping and tedious key hunt at the end, especially compared to the first Prime which was much more straightforward in design and mechanics. I can only really play it in hourly sessions now before having to take long breaks in between. My completion time usually averages about twelve hours but collectively it feels a hell of a lot longer than that.

You know I've noticed that about those things too. The hitboxes are so inconsistent. I can't imagine that's by design, as none of the other enemies are really like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. The three hardest/most bulls*** part of the game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A