• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. The Time the Spider Guardian Broke the Game

User Info: Spiteful_Guru

Spiteful_Guru
2 years ago#1
On my first playthrough of Metroid Prime 2, after having obtained the Spider Ball upgrade from the Spider Guardian, it didn't work. By this time I had already played through Prime 1 more times than I could even count, so I knew exactly how the Spider Ball was supposed to work. However, due to my lack of prior experience with Prime 2 I figured it didn't work because the Spider Ball simply wasn't meant to be used with the Spider Guardian's rails. I must have spent at least twenty minutes trying to figure out how to leave the boss room before checking online and seeing that the Spider Ball was in fact meant to be used on those rails. At this point I was filled with dread over the possibility that my disc was outright broken. Even if that wasn't the case and this was only a one-time thing, that still meant that I would have to reset and return to the last save, meaning redoing the fight with the Spider Guardian. While I don't remember the process of dying to him, I do remember having to make that obnoxiously long trip to the boss multiple times, meaning I must have died quite a few times on either my first or second attempt, or even both. Whatever the case, I eventually did manage to beat him a second time, and so I once again obtained the Spider Ball. This time it worked, and I haven't encountered that issue again since. The fact that this only ever happened on my first playthrough despite having played through the game close to or possibly even more than a dozen times is really something.

If anyone has had a similar experience with this game, I'd like to hear.
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. The Time the Spider Guardian Broke the Game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A