Error writing to hard drive?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
  3. Error writing to hard drive?

User Info: sifer2

sifer2
9 years ago#1
Last night I connected to battle.net just fine. Today I tried an it says "unable to write file to hard drive make sure you have free space" or something similar to that. I have plenty of space on google they said to try running as admin an giving the warcraft 3 files write access. Running as admin didn't work and I don't know how to give Warcraft 3 write access. Can anyone help? Using Vista btw but like I said it worked fine last night.

User Info: Atomic_Bomb91

Atomic_Bomb91
9 years ago#2
I've been having the same problem. I definitely have enough hard drive space on my computer so this error is really bugging me. I can't find anything about this error. I'm using Vista 64-bit so I'm curious as to whether or not its the culprit.

User Info: sifer2

sifer2
9 years ago#3
I fixed it by unchecking the read only on my warcraft 3 folder. I was using Vista though an it was'nt letting me do it until I had taken ownership of the warcraft 3 folder. Which you will have to google how to do that cause I don't remember.
  1. Boards
  2. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
  3. Error writing to hard drive?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived