• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Faussete Amour
  3. Beta Test: Top 10 Games of All Time According to GameFAQs
DDJ 8 years ago#1
Hey! This topic is the beta test for my vote-counting program for my upcoming Top 10 Games of All Time According to GameFAQs list series. Basically, I need a bunch of sample votes in order to test out my program.

This series is going to be based on a large series of polls conducted across several boards. For these polls, users will be asked to vote for up to five games by posting their choices in their messages. So, to test this out, I need to test out how well my program will count these votes.

The layout for a vote is as follows. Each game you're voting for needs to appear on its own line, preceded by the word 'Vote' followed by a colon. For example, the following would be a valid vote:

Vote: Super Mario Bros.
Vote: Super Mario Bros. 2
Vote: Super Mario Bros. 3
Vote: Super Mario World
Vote: Super Mario Galaxy

Each vote on its own line, preceded by that exact text, with nothing following the game name. It'll be very important for votes to be in precisely this format, or else the program will not properly perceive them.

So, what I need from you is help filling these topics with lots of sample votes in order to test how well my program works. Most of the votes should be well-formed, but it'd be good to have a handful in wrong formats just to make sure the program properly. So, if you don't see any wrong votes, try posting something in the wrong format as well, or quoting another person's votes, just so I can make sure the program works right.

It'll also be important for the program to correctly identify multiple names for the same game, such as 'FF7', 'FFVII', 'Final Fantasy 7', and 'Final Fantasy VII'. So, it'd be helpful if most people referred to their games by their exact name, but I could use a couple of votes by short titles just to make sure the program can properly detect variations as well.

That's it! So, to summarize, I need lots of votes in the above format in these topics. It's okay to post more than once, and it's okay to include more than five votes in your post (or across your posts) -- I need to make sure I can filter that out as well.
Pako Pako 8 years ago#2
Vote: Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World
Vote: Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
FreshFeeling 8 years ago#3
Vote: FreshFeeling: The Game
Vote: Valkyrie Profile
Vote: Ivy the Kiwi?
Vote: Bastard!
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://www.twitch.tv/freshfeelinggaming
FreshFeeling 8 years ago#4
Vote: Monster World
Vote: Monster World IV
Vote: Monster World II: Dragon no Wana
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://www.twitch.tv/freshfeelinggaming
Vyse_skies 8 years ago#5
Vote@ Cool Spot
Vote: Oranges and Lemons
Vote: Keio's Flying Squadron 2
Vote: Max Payne III
Vote: Max Payne 3
Vote: MP3
This is the place where my signature is meant to be, but I can't seem to find a pen.
DDJ 8 years ago#6
Fantastic, thanks all!
Shihali 8 years ago#7
Vote: SMB4
Vote: FFIIIus
Vote: SFII
Vote: Dragon Warrior 4
Vote: Dragon Quest IV
  1. Boards
  2. Faussete Amour
  3. Beta Test: Top 10 Games of All Time According to GameFAQs
  • Topic Archived