• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Dynastic Hero
  3. How is this game?

User Info: GodofWii

GodofWii
12 years ago#11
Is this game basically exactly the same as Dragon's curse with a few minor changes, or is it a completely different story, I think that Dragon's Curse is awesome compared to the Genesis and Wonder boy 3 versions, but if it a straight-out sequel to Dragon's Curse or if it is a remake I am definitely going ot get it, does anyone know?
I am the ALMIGHTY GOD OF WII. I waited 20 hours in front of Wal-Mart on 11-18-06 to get it.

User Info: GameMaster1212

GameMaster1212
12 years ago#12
From GodofWii
Is this game basically exactly the same as Dragon's curse with a few minor changes, or is it a completely different story, I think that Dragon's Curse is awesome compared to the Genesis and Wonder boy 3 versions, but if it a straight-out sequel to Dragon's Curse or if it is a remake I am definitely going ot get it, does anyone know?

No, it's the same as Wonder Boy in Monster World with a few minor changes. Nothing to do with Dragon's Curse.
~~~
Wii Info:
http://i17.tinypic.com/8f33hc2.png

User Info: GodofWii

GodofWii
12 years ago#13
No, it's the same as Wonder Boy in Monster World with a few minor changes. Nothing to do with Dragon's Curse.

reply:
well, I am pretty sure that Dragon's Curse is just the Turbografx-16 remake of Wonder Boy in monster world. Why else would they BOTH have a guy who turns into 6 animals that are the same animals with the exact same world layout and design. Hmm. Remake or coincidence?
I am the ALMIGHTY GOD OF WII. I waited 20 hours in front of Wal-Mart on 11-18-06 to get it.

User Info: PalomBM

PalomBM
12 years ago#14
You might be thinking about Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap on the Sega Master System. Monster World does not have transformations.
*sig here*

User Info: ParanoiaDragon

ParanoiaDragon
12 years ago#15
As for other Wonderboy games on the Turbo Grafx, Monster Lair(the real Wonderboy 3...atleast, in Japan) is avaible on the VC, but is more of a 2 player shmup. Great game though. Also, in Japan atleast, they did a version of Wonderboy 2 called Bikkiuriman World(Bikkiuriman is some kind of soft drink mascot in Japan IIRC), that is a totally faitful port of the arcade version. Not sure if they'll ever release it out here.

There's also New Adventure Island, which, for all intents & purposes, could be looked at, as being the first Wonderboy game. The Wonderboy/Monster World game that never made it to the Turbo, was the 6th, which IIRC was called Monster World 4. Not sure why it didn't make it, it deffinitly could've been pulled off on the Turbo, & would've looked better too, thanks to the extra colors.
It's not a DOLL man, it's uh ACTION figure!

User Info: Deathmetalgamer

Deathmetalgamer
12 years ago#16
This game is fun up until the point where you have to play an orcaraina..

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
12 years ago#17
WTF? That's like 10 minutes into the game.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: ArmorKing

ArmorKing
12 years ago#18
Great great soundtrack, right up there with Y's as one of the best soundtracks on the TGCD. The graphics are techincally better than Wonder Boy's with some anime-style bits although the character design and setting IMHO is much cooler and fun in WB.

Gameplay-wise, they are about the same although in WB, if you are killed, you get an actual Game Over rather than respawn at an inn, which to some folks is a deal breaker. On it's own merit, the game is fun although attacking is a pain due to the PC's too-damn-short range. It's also pretty simplistic for an action-adventure.

If you haven't gotten WB get this for the excellent soundtrack, otherwise, be prepared to spend $$$ for the same game with different characters.
  1. Boards
  2. The Dynastic Hero
  3. How is this game?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Guide and Walkthrough (GEN) by mnb_0000 16 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A