• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: green_abobo

green_abobo
5 years ago#1
MT PO was my first & favorite NES game.

PO was boss on the arcade, with the big red power button.

im real, real late to the party, but this seems to be like a hybrid of the two. they even share rosters, only with counter punches, & its more then just memorizing each guys offense & defensive tendencies.

there's an element of unpredictability, previously unseen in other punch outs. you can actually lead with punches, not just make the guy miss; then attack.

my main question however is as follows, are all the fights designed to not go past one round? like is there a setting to make the clock go faster or something? a way to turn off the 3 knock down rule perhaps?
http://music.ska-studios.com/album/charlie-murder
got to get in to get out

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
5 years ago#2
yeah there are no rounds. how you knock them down will determine if/when they get back up. you can do time attack if you want to keep fighting someone.

User Info: RimmerDallJr

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#3
The arcade had super punch out as well. It was a tough arcade fight for sure !
Confidence is light and charm at its best.

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#4
Have a good first weekend in february .

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
5 years ago#5
That's one thing I didn't like about this game. Only one round meaning no trash talking from your opponents in between rounds.

User Info: setablazebyyou

setablazebyyou
5 years ago#6
KCJ5062 posted...
That's one thing I didn't like about this game. Only one round meaning no trash talking from your opponents in between rounds.

I think they sort of do it between knock downs, but yeah I get what you mean. I loved this game and if they did a true 'sequel' with sprites on a hand held or mobile I'd snap it up.

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#7
The arcade version of this game i believe did not have trash talking lol !

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#8
All quiet everyone must be boxered out.

User Info: bruplex

bruplex
5 years ago#9
Ah Pizza Pasta, we hardly knew ye.
http://www.mountainouswords.com/epic/ The single most epic page on the entire Internet
  • Topic Archived