• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Punch-Out!!
  3. This game was better than the NES original, IMO.

User Info: Daramue

Daramue
6 years ago#1
The original punch out is often lauded for being the best in the series; I understand to some degree. It was the first in the series and had some great characters and cool ways to defeat them. It was also insanely hard. I love the first punch out, but no matter how I look at it, SPO is the more polished experience.

SPO is closer to the original arcade punch out in style and feel. It's fast, possesses a little more depth, and if you're good enough, you can deck fighters in under 30 seconds. I feel the urge to get a better time is also a compelling replay factor.

This may not be the popular opinion, but I actually like the characters better in this one. Hoy Quarlow, The Buiser twins, Dragon chan...who can forget these guys? Granted, I'm sure a lot want to forget these guys but they're pretty unforgettable in their own right.

The game's difficulty and build-up to the champion of every circuit was pretty cool, as well. The Special circuit in particular stands as a testament to the final trials you must endure to finish the game.

What are your thoughts on this game?
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey
  1. Boards
  2. Super Punch-Out!!
  3. This game was better than the NES original, IMO.
  • Topic Archived