You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Super Missiles are the game's most powerful weapon. Do you get them too early?

User Info: slk_23

slk_23
4 weeks ago#1
Super Missiles are basically the most powerful weapon in the game, and you get them pretty much at the beginning after Spore Spawn but before the Kraid boss battle. Charged beams can't be spammed as quickly, and the Screw Attack doesn't work against bosses. Really the Super Missiles are what you need to rely on for most of the game. They have five times the power of regular missiles, and they even make enemies fall from ceilings due to their force. With that in consideration, do you get them way too early in the game? Or did Nintendo purposely design the game that way so inexperienced players could beat Kraid?
http://i.imgur.com/5ldCA.gif http://i.imgur.com/tvXx8Bh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nAJVH.png

User Info: Jormungandr83

Jormungandr83
4 weeks ago#2
Limited ammunition and slow ROF more than make up for their power.

How about this: do you ever use super missiles on enemies outside boss fights? The only enemies I ever use them on are MiniKraid and those big side hopper things. That's it. So I'd say that answers the question, at least for me.

/slktopicwhybother
You're too late. I gave the job to some spellsword.

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
4 weeks ago#3
Oh look, another nonsensical slk_23 topic...
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: Jetforcebelmont

Jetforcebelmont
4 weeks ago#4
It may be nonsensical but at least slk's trying to drum up more activity here.
You have your opinions.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#5
Jormungandr83 posted...
Limited ammunition and slow ROF more than make up for their power.

How about this: do you ever use super missiles on enemies outside boss fights? The only enemies I ever use them on are MiniKraid and those big side hopper things. That's it. So I'd say that answers the question, at least for me.

/slktopicwhybother

Literally this. You get them early but have super low count for a while.

Also, slk topic.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
4 weeks ago#6
Jetforcebelmont posted...
but at least slk's trying to drum up more activity here.

If that were true, he would actually post again in his topics, respond when his questions are answered to or discussions are sparked off because of it. It happens. Often.

He doesn't.

He doesn't give a damn for any of the topics he posts, he just posts them on random boards without any reason whatsoever because he can. The inanity of many of his questions just seals it.

It is incomprehensible why he does this. Then again, this site has seen people who derive amusement from trolling people, stealing accounts, suiciding accounts, etc. He's just another weirdo wired that way.

But hey, if his inane topics actually spark discussion for other people to talk about stuff, then that's nice. He deserves absolutely no appreciation though.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 weeks ago#7
I refuse to partake in a discussion that spawns in an slk topic. We can move it to a new topic if discussion arises.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 week ago#8
Distant_Rainbow posted...
Jetforcebelmont posted...
but at least slk's trying to drum up more activity here.

If that were true, he would actually post again in his topics, respond when his questions are answered to or discussions are sparked off because of it. It happens. Often.

He doesn't.

He doesn't give a damn for any of the topics he posts, he just posts them on random boards without any reason whatsoever because he can. The inanity of many of his questions just seals it.

It is incomprehensible why he does this. Then again, this site has seen people who derive amusement from trolling people, stealing accounts, suiciding accounts, etc. He's just another weirdo wired that way.

But hey, if his inane topics actually spark discussion for other people to talk about stuff, then that's nice. He deserves absolutely no appreciation though.

He does at times bring up valid points. Maybe super missiles should only be on an 'easy' mode of the game? On hard mode you would get only 5 in the whole game
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: ChrisTurk

ChrisTurk
1 week ago#9
One of the things I felt Redesign did well was limit your Super Missiles

User Info: GrnFzzTgr

GrnFzzTgr
1 week ago#10
Plasma beam is stronger than supers, but supers do get a x3 modifier on some bosses. You do more damage with Ice+ Wave + Plasma than a single super can do, but even plasma alone is stronger.
NNID: GrnFzzTgr FC: 4425-1713-9059
My Mario Maker Stages! https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/GrnFzzTgr
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Super Missiles are the game's most powerful weapon. Do you get them too early?