A New TAS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Cauchys Inequality 5 months ago#1
It's amazing, as usual. New glitches, completely new route.

http://tasvideos.org/5833S.html

"The world is a sphere. That means that the east is connected to the west, and the north is connected to the south." ~Enrique, Skies of Arcadia
{548}

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
5 months ago#2
Huh, how the heck is the fastest time lacking Gravity? Will have to watch this.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: Night_Wight

Night_Wight
5 months ago#3
That fast drop glitch was pretty bonkers. I've seen a few versions of any% tas for this game but I think this may have been the best one, just enough glitchy stuff happening that you can still follow along and figure out what's happening without too much trouble, and it just looks cool.

The RBO speedruns for this game will always be the best to me though.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
5 months ago#4
Ooh tag for later. I love me some SM TAS. In fact, it's the best and most entertaining TAS game in my opinion.

User Info: Sadekuuro

Sadekuuro
5 months ago#5
Wait 'til you see this one, GA. It's technically "no major glitches" because he doesn't use memory corruption or go out of bounds, but it's broken as hell otherwise. Spectacular use of the x-ray and speed booster.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
5 months ago#6
Sadekuuro posted...
Spectacular use of the x-ray and speed booster.

Yeeeah... what even is this about? Was kind of puzzled when I saw "no out of bounds" but X-Ray is still picked up. After watching the full run I'm still not sure. Seems like it's used to force per-frame effects to repeat themselves, somehow.

Well, the graphical glitches is definitely my least favorite part of any TAS, still interesting to watch though.

User Info: retroid34

retroid34
5 months ago#7
O_o

Just came here tonight, clicked on this topic and watched this.
This Sniq dude is really awesome. The 13% TAS was in 2016, and the any% overflow run isn't even a year old. I was expecting a new TAS since the discovery of moonfall, but not this soon. And this time he uses a completely different route to boot. I knew I was in for a good time when he used moonfall as soon as green Brinstar to go through the floor to the Etecoons area. Good stuff.

Sadekuuro posted...
It's technically "no major glitches" because he doesn't use memory corruption or go out of bounds

I'm no pro like Sniq and I trust his description (he refers to it as God mode, the name is fitting), but to my noob eyes the reverse Lower Norfair entrance really looked like an OOB thing to me, like the blue Geemer set-up in any% glitched. Speaking of which, the CWJ into morphball under the pillar shortly after was so unreal I had to rewind the vid cause I couldn't believe my own eyes.

Night_Wight posted...
just enough glitchy stuff happening that you can still follow along and figure out what's happening without too much trouble

Really ? I couldn't figure WTF was happening with all those glitchy x-ray-sparks stuff. And all those blue suits he manages to keep for absurdly long periods... WTF ?

User Info: looked

looked
5 months ago#8
I have to agree, I’m sure this has been debated by people that are more informed than me, but it looked out of bounds in a few spots to me. Particularly the back door to lower norfair.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
5 months ago#9
I'm willing to believe he never goes out of bounds of the actual rooms. There are many areas the camera is not allowed to focus on until you come in contact with specific tiles (can be observed in a lot of hidden passages), and I seem to recall extremely high speeds can also mess with the scrolling.

User Info: Night_Wight

Night_Wight
5 months ago#10

Really ? I couldn't figure WTF was happening with all those glitchy x-ray-sparks stuff. And all those blue suits he manages to keep for absurdly long periods... WTF ?

You should check out some of the older TASes with the out of bounds/corruption stuff being used, they end up skipping most of the game and it's even harder to follow what's happening than in this one

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived