I can't ****ing wall jump

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. I can't ****ing wall jump

User Info: Jetforcebelmont

Jetforcebelmont
4 months ago#31
If it's unnecessary, why do you feel the need to complain about it being difficult? And were that the case, seeing as how it's a completely optional move that never needs to be used once in the entire game, it being difficult to pull off would make sense.
You have your opinions.

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
4 months ago#32
That's very specious reasoning.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

Jetforcebelmont
4 months ago#33
Melodia posted...
That's very specious reasoning.

How so? When I say difficult to pull off, I don't mean due to clunky / unintuitive controls, I mean more in the sense that it's something to work towards and feel accomplished by - i.e. never losing a match in Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo to fight Akuma. It's not required for a secret ending or anything, and is difficult to accomplish, therefore pulling it off is a reward.

But if the wall jump were required to beat the game and it was difficult to pull off, yes, I could complain without it seeming like I'm searching for something to complain about.
You have your opinions.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
4 months ago#34
Amen Akuma.

User Info: Papa-Savage

Papa-Savage
4 months ago#35
There’s one thing absolutely everyone leaves out in describing successful wall-jumping...
After hours of play on the SNES classic I REALIZED THE PROBLEM!!!!!
You have to RELEASE THE D-PAD completely before pressing the opposite direction of the wall! That’s it!
Why hasn’t anyone told everyone else this?!?!?!?
Example:
1) Jump while spinning holding right into a wall.
2) LIFT YOUR LEFT THUMB COMPLETELY OFF OT THE D-PAD.
3) Immediately press (and hold) left and jump.

THAT’s it. The jump coming slightly after holding the opposite direction is true but not an actual PROBLEM. The actual problem occurs when ROLLING YOUR THUMB across the D-PAD INSTEAD OF CORRECTLY “LIFTING YOUR THUMB to THEN press the opposite direction and jump”!!!!

Hope this helps.

Jetforcebelmont
4 months ago#36
Wow, really? Guess I've been doing it wrong all these years! Thanks Uproxx article writer, Papa-Savage!
You have your opinions.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. I can't ****ing wall jump

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived