• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. What is with the SEXISM in the FAQs?!

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
3 months ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588738-super-mario-kart/faqs/22569

PRINCESS Once again, I hate her. I'm not sure why, I think
it is because she always seems to pick on me when
I'm toad racing. She has alright top speed and
acceleration and is extremely good at handling her
kart. Defenetly a good choice if you are a girl.

I am so tired of CE. The only reason I go there is because the rest of the site is about half as active.

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
3 months ago#2
So a single opinion from an FAQ writer from 18 years ago is something to get your panties in a wad? Just look at it from the perspective that this dude sucked at SMK (using Toad, lol, and not driving fast enough to keep your rival off your tail). This complaint is meh.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

User Info: Solid Sonic

Solid Sonic
3 months ago#3
EXCUSE ME but I think Toad has been very useful. His more restrained turning helps a lot.

I was just reading the FAQs because I wanted a better picture of the driver differences since I'm playing SMK seriously for the first time in my life.
I am so tired of CE. The only reason I go there is because the rest of the site is about half as active.

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
3 months ago#4
Toad and Koopa are just good reliable choices that just handle very good and is the only near reliable way for me to snatch a medal in 150cc special cup. It's not a stab at Toad or anyone that chooses him, it's a stab at someone that is not a good FAQ writer. If it was Toad he was using and he just sucked at playing (I dunno, haven't read the FAQ), he probably shouldn't be writing FAQ's.

I do agree with the TC that this type of language does make me want to skip over to another FAQ but yeah, nothing to lose sleep over.

I've pulled medals of bronze, silver, and gold in 150 cc special but only with Toad/Koopa and to a lesser extent, Dk Jr./Bowser. I don't think I've ever done it with the other 4. Any of you that have, you all are the true top notch racers.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
3 months ago#5
Kinda strange logic;
why would Peach only be a really good choice if you are a girl?
She functions the exactly same way regardless of who is playing her;
even a dog could pick her, and she would still have exactly the same character stats.

But anyway, I do have the experience that people often prefer to choose their own sex.
Every time I play "Wild Guns" for the SNES I always pick Clint, since I feel that I can relate much better to a male character than the super-feminine character Annie.

That said though, I don't actually have any problems with playing as a female character;
it's just that it feels more natural for me to pick a character who corresponds to my own sex.
Hello.
(edited 3 months ago)

basser2204
3 months ago#6
Sorry to break it to everyone, but if you're not using Bowser/DK (or at the very least Mario/Luigi) and not lapping everyone each race, you need more practice at the game. The CPU characters are no challenge, even on 150cc
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
3 months ago#7
Meh, I've seen even more horrible guides on this site in that regard.

Have you seen those guides for RPGs that describe the female party members as 'yummy', 'tasty', etc.? Scars the mind, makes you question human decency, those do.

basser2204 posted...
Sorry to break it to everyone, but if you're not using Bowser/DK (or at the very least Mario/Luigi) and not lapping everyone each race, you need more practice at the game. The CPU characters are no challenge, even on 150cc

I don't think this topic really needed a 'git gud, loozerz' post like that.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

basser2204
3 months ago#8
I beg to differ. Almost everyone on this board needs a 'git gud'
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. What is with the SEXISM in the FAQs?!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A