• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Finally cleared 150cc Special Cup with a gold medal

User Info: shroom_ninja_X

shroom_ninja_X
10 months ago#11
basser2204 posted...
There are plenty of people that have won all 150cc cups with all characters. Check out my friend's speedrun with mini-Princess: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/564443621

Your friend is amazing! Holy crap, dude! Her skills are legit. I might have to practice up and try beating 150cc with the rest of the cast after seeing that. Wow.
Word to your mother.

shroom_ninja_X
10 months ago#12
Cleared 150cc with Luigi today. Now I've cleared it with both middleweights, Mario and Luigi. Should I start practicing to clear it with the heavyweights next just to get it over with? They're insanely fast, but if you make the slightest mistake, you're in big trouble, haha.
Word to your mother.

shroom_ninja_X
10 months ago#13
Okay, last bump for this topic. I’ve finally earned a gold trophy on 150cc special with all eight racers. Yoshi and Peach were the toughest characters to win with, IMO.

How would you rank the difficulty for each character in terms of clearing 150cc special?
Word to your mother.

User Info: direshall

direshall
8 months ago#14
Mario is a terrible character in this game. Pick Koopa or Toad to have it much easier. Bower and DK are the best for time trial.

User Info: Lord_Bowie

Lord_Bowie
8 months ago#15
DK Jr./Bowser shrunk are the best characters

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
4 months ago#16
Wow, good job.

I managed to beat all 150cc cups when I played together with my little brother these last few weeks (I played Mario and he played Luigi), but now I am trying it by myself at my student apartment (I still play Mario), and I am struggling really hard with Star Cup.
"Bowser's Castle 3" is a huge mess, and I always drive into walls and get stuck there for like 5 seconds, although I think I am starting to get the hang of "Mario Circuit 4".
It seems as if it is vital to fully master the slide turns during the sharp curves, and get a perfect feel for when you are supposed to switch between left/right slide turns during those annoying S-shaped curves.
Hello.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
4 months ago#17
direshall posted...
Mario is a terrible character in this game. Pick Koopa or Toad to have it much easier. Bower and DK are the best for time trial.
I have noticed that my Mario tends to slide around a lot.
Like for example, every time I make a sharp turn he will just continue to glide to the side in that direction for a veeery long time (although it does seem as if I can stop him by pressing the R button), and sometimes the game will make some weird movement where it feels as if an attempt to make a right turn actually makes me start moving to the left instead, and vice versa - this phenomenon seems to happen a lot at the end of Donut Plains 3, on that uneven part of the track, and it is very disorienting.
Hello.
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Finally cleared 150cc Special Cup with a gold medal
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A