• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Why is there an item box in time trial mode?

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
1 year ago#1
There arent any items to get, and the track is pretty barren. Shouldnt the tracks be the same as when you race them? I mean its kind of annoying to see a box there and a timer.

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
1 year ago#2
The tracks are laid out in the way that you're supposed to race them. All that other fluff, items, zippers, etc, are there to make the game more competitive in 2p mode.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

User Info: Bsw1982

Bsw1982
1 year ago#3
I know it doesnt look right though. Looks too empty. I guess i feel that way because it lacks the businessess that GP or even match race has. GP was the only one I liked and battle mode. Heck even F-Zero (albeit way different) kept its track hazards and all. Wish F-Zero had a 2p option or battle mode on SNES. It was a launch game so I guess the tech wasnt quite there for that type of action.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Why is there an item box in time trial mode?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A