• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Time trial help

User Info: tlatham86

tlatham86
3 years ago#11
... very humbling! Haha

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
3 years ago#12
Try playing against some of the best in the world: KVD, Neo, Scoub, Antistar, Sami Cetin... Then imagine playing on PAL console when you're native to NTSC. Extremely humbling, lol.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

User Info: TheTRobbReport

TheTRobbReport
3 years ago#13
I can only imagine...

While you're here, any tips on Bowser Castle 3? That course is my demon, the only one I don't feel like I'm on the right path on. I stink on that first turn before all the jumps, don't know the optimal path through that jumping section, and it's rare that I can power-slide through the last two turns (after the turbo boost, and then after the road splits into 3 paths) without hitting a wall.
Capcom vs SNK 2 advocate

User Info: basser2204

basser2204
3 years ago#14
BC3 sucks. First things first, I hope you are hopping over all the yellow jump bars. Those significantly reduce your speed. As for the paths to take, the left-most path is the quickest for the series of jumps and the center path is best for the three lanes after the thwomp wall. I think each of the three lanes are actually fairly similar in regards to which one is the shortest distance, but the center one doesn't have a thwomp at the end.

The driving... You kind of want to set yourself up at a slight angle and point yourself at the left-most thwomp for the turn that leads into the jumps. It's kind of tough to do because you're driving on bad track and you slide around, but try to exit turn one and head into the narrow corridor at a slight angle to the left. You want to be turning as you go over both the jumps and if you point yourself at the left thwomp you should slide right between the two on the left and then your turn will be tight to the corner. If you're hopping over those two jumps going straight and then trying to make the turn you'll go wide every time. Then it's the left path through the jumps and you should be able to take the next turn as a single hairpin and release a boost toward the thwomp wall and start praying that at least one will be up. The next turn is tricky because you have to adjust to it depending on which thwomp allows you to go under, but for the sake of my explanation we'll say it's lap 1 and they're all up... Angle yourself toward the right wall through the narrow lane and start your slide so you cut close to the wall. To get into the middle path, you'll kind of have to think about this turn as two separate turns instead of a single hairpin. Basically you'll just have to release Right for a split second and do a second jump turn and you should slide right into the middle lane. Same sort of strategy for the final turn coming out of that lane as well.

One neat little thing about the thwomp wall... If all four are down you can actually sneak past them by driving into the wall on the left at the exact same spot they are located. There's something like 2 pixels where you can hit the wall and squeak through, so it's not too easy. It's also not very useful in TT because you are losing speed and going very wide on the turn, but can save you in Match Race or something.
In the beginning you will see a black square. This is actually a cave. Make Zelda walk into the cave and get the Brown Sword. The rest is easy if you have it.

User Info: TheTRobbReport

TheTRobbReport
3 years ago#15
Thank you! As someone who a) learns best from written explanations and b) appreciates the extra work they take, I got a lot out of your writeup.

- I did not know that about the yellow jump bars. One of the easiest ways I've ruined my runs on this stage was by anticipating an oncoming turn and jumping right into the lava. Based on that, I never thought to try manually doing all the jumps.

- I was going wide every time on the two early jumps, your description lays out exactly what to do instead.

- I never would've figured out how to get to the middle path in the way you described. I still need to practice the "two-turn" technique, but I can at least see the line that I need to try and take. Thanks also for the thwomp wall pointer.
Capcom vs SNK 2 advocate
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Kart
  3. Time trial help
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A