• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. SNESBOSS' "Star Fox" Review.

User Info: SNESBOSS

SNESBOSS
1 year ago#1
(The following review contains mostly my own opinion! You are not, in any case, forced to agree.)

Hi there!

I'm here to promote my review of "Star Fox" for the SNES:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588690-star-fox/reviews/165045

Check it out, and let me know your opinions regarding the game.
Thank you!
The "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" is THE best videogame console ever made; period!

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
1 year ago#2
Star Fox is my favorite game of all time. While I understand your points, I am not able to agree.

The frame rate and graphics have never bothered me, and I have always found them charming. The polygonal look gave them a unique and alien appearance to me, that fit very well with the game. While I admit that I do have a lot of nostalgia for the game, I don't think it's just "nostalgia" glasses talking, because I still play this game frequently and I can still play it today, and I still love the look of it. To me, it looks just as good now as it did when I was a young girl.

I do however fully recognize that I am in the minority here. I am not saying your review is bad, nor am I even saying that you are being too hard on the game. Your comments are completely fair and I can fully understand why the majority of people find this so dated and archaic.

I have always liked the look of the game and I enjoy how different it looks from any other game out there. Having played this game for most of my life, the framerate doesn't phase me in the slightest. For me, it's just "normal".

One part of your review I wish to bring up is that the game doesn't tell you anything about the routes. It does, but it seems that this is not noticed by many people. On the map screen, above your score it says "Level 1", "Level 2", and "Level 3" as you switch between routes. This is meant to represent the difficulty level. Perhaps this was always clear to me because the manual mentions it, but I imagine most people playing today have not read the manual.

So in conclusion, I feel your review was quite fair and reflects how most people feel about it. I'm just that odd girl out that enjoys the game and enjoys the graphics style more than your average gamer will.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 6

User Info: SNESBOSS

SNESBOSS
1 year ago#3
@CranberryPSO

First, thank you so much for taking your time to read and analyze my review! It is an honor for me to have a fan of the game answering me back in such a fully encompassing way.

I do understand your opinion and feelings toward the graphics even though we disagree in certain points. Art is very subjective, and I made sure to make that clear even with my side comparison of FFVI and FFVII.
With regards to Star Fox, they indeed pulled off something quite surprising considering the limitations they were dealing with.

Also, thank you so much for mentioning the detail regarding difficulty on the course selection screen.
I do have the manual for the game; I just completely forgot to double check on it before writing that section. Nevertheless, one would have to possess the manual in order to easily figure that out, since the game never makes it clear at first.

Lastly, consider yourself unique instead of odd! Liking something that the majority doesn't usually like to the same extent does not make you "odd", but rather unique. Congratulations on your taste!

Thank you again for your time and effort, and feel free to always comment on my reviews and give feedback! I absolutely LOVE the Super Nintendo, and plan on doing a plethora of reviews as time goes by out of pure pleasure.

Have a wonderful day!

SNESBOSS
The "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" is THE best videogame console ever made; period!
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. SNESBOSS' "Star Fox" Review.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
stage 1 musicRobot260022/15 1:30PM