• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. Star Fox Competition Pak

User Info: Lochtiel

Lochtiel
11 years ago#1
I'm wondering if there's any truth to the claim that this is a rare item and sells for a high price on ebay. It's the version of the game that's timed and is only about 3 minutes long. I guess it was sold through the Nintendo Power catalogs back in the day.

I heard before it was hard to get and valuable. I checked ebay but none were listed. I'd sell mine if it'll net me profits.
Atheism is flawless! You can see things evolving all the time!
When a cow lays an egg, it evolves into a cow! EVOLUTION! ~ Atheist Antonio

User Info: TheLaughingFan

TheLaughingFan
11 years ago#2
How the heck did you get your hands on one of these? I mean, I mean that (and to answer your question) only around 2000 copies were made, that makes this game one of the rarest games ever.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend to be one of those death-deceases
MADerboard - What, Me Worry?

User Info: Sahuagin

Sahuagin
11 years ago#3
hell yes its rare. they held a competition at walmart stores (and perhaps other stores) where you could play for like 3 minutes or something and then it would say game over and give you a score. i cant remember what the best player won, but i remember some guy using turbo boost and managing to defeat the second boss within the time limit, dwarfing any regular persons score.

there was also a time when nintendo came to my local amusement park and had a similar promotion involving a timed star fox.

anyways the point is, these things have never been for sale so for you to have one is extremely amazing.

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
11 years ago#4
If you'd like to know more, come tot he Star Fox Super Weekend Competition board. I have an FAQ up there, host challenges for the game, and can answer many of your questions.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Cranberry's Net 5 Forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Net_5/index.php?act=idx
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. Star Fox Competition Pak
  • Topic Archived