• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. Who else thinks this was better than Star Fox 64?

User Info: 911TheThug

911TheThug
12 years ago#1
In my opinion it is, but some say SF64 is the best.
Official SSBB Board Cyber Ninja. Users Photon Shuriken'd: 18
I stand neutral with you, -911-. - IngSlayer, ss4parrothair (Cont. in quote)

User Info: StarFox-Elite

StarFox-Elite
12 years ago#2

Hmm, I haven't actually played the N64 version but I think this one is perfect, the N64 game from what I've seen looks like they're putting in more than the player could really handle, too many things to pick up and the graphics, they were better and actually more real than the last game, only thing is, these aren't cartoony graphics like the SNES game and so they look pretty bad...

I dunno, Im still yet to play it...

User Info: Theo72

Theo72
12 years ago#3
Nah, I don't think it is. Still worth playing, though.
You have not heard the last of me...
And you never will...

User Info: 911TheThug

911TheThug
12 years ago#4
For some reason I just enjoyed this experience more, especially back when this was the first time I played a 3D game back in my childhood and the memories of getting drilled by the damn Blade Barrier Boss in the Asteroid Belt stage. >_<

I just wish it could come to the Wii VC, but I've heard that because of the Super FX chip being next to impossible to fully emulate, that Nintendo would have to re-make the game to put it up on the VC, but regardless if it were put up I would buy it.
Official SSBB Board Cyber Ninja. Users Photon Shuriken'd: 18
I stand neutral with you, -911-. - IngSlayer, ss4parrothair (Cont. in quote)

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
12 years ago#5
This is still my favorite Star Fox. Star Fox 64 just didn't capture this ones magic for me.
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Cranberry's Net 5 Forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Net_5/index.php?act=idx

User Info: SlyCoopersButt

SlyCoopersButt
12 years ago#6
I like both very much. I highly recomend you try SF64 StarFox-Elite. There is not by any means more than the player can handle in the game. It's actually easier than the first.

User Info: Martial_Fox

Martial_Fox
12 years ago#7
Star Fox was much more better than Star Fox 64.Level 3 was more challenging than SF64's Expert mode (and fun for that matter).Ah the good ol' days of being three and screaming at the balde barrier rotating its blades too much.
MPH 5069-0857-9044
SFC 630-286-284-244

User Info: Kokuei7

Kokuei7
12 years ago#8
Starwing is by far more difficult, but nonetheless Lylatwars is still a class game and a great take on the original.
Split: Kokuei is exactly right actually
Alpha-Seru: Ap-Juka ~Oni Kokuei~ Artist of Disappearance

User Info: hariobros

hariobros
12 years ago#9
To me, without a doubt, Starwing is MUCH better than Lylat wars. It was not only a fabulous game, but its SFX chip revolutionised the gameplay of the SNES and paved the way for games of today's standards! Gaming history in my opinion!

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
11 years ago#10
The original Star Fox is awesome, but I prefer Star Fox 64. If Star Fox 64 didn't have Expert Mode, I would say that the original Star Fox is better, but Star Fox 64 does have Expert Mode, so Star Fox 64 is better.
"Well Seymour, you are an odd fellow but I must say: You steam a good ham." - Superintendent Chalmers
  1. Boards
  2. Star Fox
  3. Who else thinks this was better than Star Fox 64?
  • Topic Archived