• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. God Hand, Sword Master & Dragon Master. How will this team fare?

User Info: Calmlander

Calmlander
1 month ago#1
Kev will be my main guy, as I want to fight the Army of the Dead. He can heal since the first class change and after becoming a God Hand he also can spam Aura Wave for the Swordmaster.

Duran as Swordmaster can power up the team with sabers and keep the healing and the Aura Wave of the God Hand and the summon of the Dragon Master non-stop.

I prefer the Dragon Master over the Fenrir Knight, only use debuffs with bosses and her summon is much better, imo.

---

So what do you guys think of this team?

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
1 month ago#2
Eh, realistically, it'll kick ass. Really, any team that has any kind of thought put into it can kick ass. Not sure about the Aura Wave thing as I personally never bother with techs beyond the Lv1 ones, but I guess it can help against screens of mooks that don't counter-attack like mad. Same with summons; I don't really see the point in calling forth an actual god when you can just stab things with a pointéd stick for similar (and faster) damage, without raising your (otherwise pointless) Piety to boot, but really, unless you bring Hawk Eye in one of his dark classes along, you can cannot go wrong with any of リース' s dark classes. (what did they settle on in the eventual official translation anyway?)

Kevin punches things.
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

Calmlander
1 month ago#3
LBoksha posted...
you can cannot go wrong with any of リース' s dark classes. (what did they settle on in the eventual official translation anyway?)

Riesz

I don't mind that name, it sounds exotic. However i think Grand Divina sounds much better than Grand Diviner, same with Kevin, God Hand and Dead Hand have more flair than Divine Fist and Fatal Fist.

Calmlander
1 month ago#4
LBoksha posted...
I don't really see the point in calling forth an actual god when you can just stab things with a pointéd stick

Yeah, physical teams develop faster in this game. With that in mind, and for a purely gameplay-wise perspective, the best team would be either:

a) Warrior Monk or God Hand / Nightblade / Duelist
b) Paladin or Lord / Dead Hand / Nightblade

What do you think?

LBoksha
1 month ago#5
Calmlander posted...
Yeah, physical teams develop faster in this game.
They mostly do, but I feel Angela is still useful in places; in particular if you limit yourself to only her level 1 spells due to how cheap and fast they are. They're a good way to get free damage in while bosses use their guard move, too, and some bosses (e.g. Gorva, Lightgazer) are just a pain to even reach with physical attacks. Not to mention for any boss that randomly spawns extras, a full-screen-spell carrying mage lets your physical characters focus purely on the boss, while spells clean up the mess.

Personally, I think the absolute best team in terms of just how quickly you can tear up things would probably swap out Hawk Eye for one of Riesz's dark classes, just because it allows using stat-downs against enemies immune to the corresponding element (especially relevant if you take their story route since the final boss seems to get stuck in a random elemental alignment in his final phase), and I think Riesz's pure stat downs don't trigger counter attacks either, so that makes human-sized bosses (plus, random encounters) a bit easier. Of course, "best" really depends heavily on the set conditions and used metric; I'm currently doing a no-healing-no-items run and settled on Starlancer/Nightblade/Magus (eventually; I'm still level 25 so the second CC is a bit off), and Angela already saved my ass against Lightgazer (used a second controller to keep her off-screen to dodge Prisoner and 60x400 damage from Evil Gate is more than enough to finish Lightgazer off in general). Under these exact conditions, having both stat up and down spells is likely best, but allow items and Starlancer becomes pretty scrappy. Arguably Angela becomes much less useful if you have coins from Byzel too.
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!

LBoksha
1 month ago#6
Er, 30*400 damage, which I guess isn't enough to kill Lightgazer from nothing (some FAQs mentioned it has 15000 HP) but you can get enough physical hits in before you're moogles.

Calmlander
1 month ago#7
Yeah, in the end is about having fun, it was a theoretical question. I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Master, myself, even if the combo Nightblade / Starlancer is hardly beatable, and Angela is a kick to use, too.

Is the most efficient team? Hell no, I'd say the Dragon Master, which is basically a summoner with debuffs, and the Magus fills the same role, cast a spell or a monster and kill things. But still, is so cool.

I also like Hawk and Carlie as characters, so... a Wanderer / Dragonmaster / Sage is also a fun team, too. The Wanderer is that class I always say "I'm going to use", but pick the Nightblade in the end.
(edited 1 month ago)

Calmlander
1 month ago#8
As usual, I throw my plans out of the window, finished this run with a Dervish, Dragon Master and Sage.

The Dervish owned the final boss with Moon Saber, the Dragon Master debuffed every boss making my life easier and Sage healed and healed and healed. Funny thing is, I picked the Sage for the MT Saber which I didn't used in the end, at all. Carlie's healing is super useful but I don't think I'll go again with Sage.

Calmlander
1 month ago#9
I'm going to start the run with this team...Finally!

Now the only doubt I have is the Duelist for the Swordmaster... Duelist can be of course more powerful than the Swordmaster... but how much?

The main catch of this team is the combo Marduk + Aura Wave + Duran's FST, but while the Swordmaster can keep Marduk and Godhand's healing forever with Leaf Saber, the Duelist will provide an extra attack

Not sure if that extra attack is enough to sacrife the Leaf and Moon Sabers.

User Info: XMI2

XMI2
1 month ago#10
Don't bother with aura wave, and don't bother with Riez casting her sumnon (except Marduke silence is the best for those fullc screen tech mobs)

You can go with Dragon Master but I prefer more Fenrir Knight here. Multi target stat downs, multi target sabers, presure point, have all three characters use level one techs, toss some poto oils you should wreck everything, might wanna carry some drake scale for Lise and Duran if you want to speed things up even more, you don't need anything else really.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. God Hand, Sword Master & Dragon Master. How will this team fare?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A