• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. Darts, axes, bombs, eyes and scales

User Info: LBoksha

LBoksha
1 month ago#1
This may be common knowledge by now, but since GameFAQ's topic search kinda sucks (it only searches in thread titles, not in thread text) I couldn't find it, and I didn't see it mentioned in any guides either.
As you may know, the dart, hand-axe and pumpkin bomb items deal damage based on the user's agility stat. The assassin bug eye item deals damage based on the user's intelligence stat. Despite that, damage of all these items is increased when using a sahagin scale (or mind up spell). The bird scale (whatever that is; I don't think birds normally have scales) item doesn't affect this at all and is, as far as I can tell, junk.
And, both pumpkin bombs and assassin bug eyes recover MP based on damage dealt. This may turn these items into useful recovery items. Of course, you can't buy assassin bug eyes (and farming them is a PITA), but with pumpkin bombs being sold on the cheap, this may be a reason to increase Angela's agility, even if it's otherwise a complete dump stat. For Hawk Eye, it might be a reason to raise his agility even if you go down the lower half of his class tree (or perhaps more accurately, class shrub).
On my current playthrough, I only tried this running around Byzel for the first time, so I have no idea how this damage and recovery scales in the late game. (or how enemy stat debuffs affect it for that matter; I guess it being Dryad's Day might help too?)
Posting this here on the off-chance someone might find this useful playing this old-ass Japan-only game.
You try to run away. But there's no escape! The enemy tries to run away. But there's no escape!
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. Darts, axes, bombs, eyes and scales
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Intelligence or Spirit? General2 Answers
How can I equip armor? General2 Answers
how can i change character class? Main Quest1 Answer
The best party lead by Hawk? General3 Answers
What I have to do to find Gleipnir? Side Quest2 Answers