First time using Charlotte, Charlotte/Kevin/Angela party advice.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. First time using Charlotte, Charlotte/Kevin/Angela party advice.

User Info: Valinne

Valinne
7 months ago#1
I haven't played this game in like 10 years, and I realized that I haven't ever actually fought the Dark Lich. So I was thinking of running a playthrough with Carlie as the main character and settled on the party above.

Now, what about classes? I'm open to any suggestions, although I liked the idea of Necromancer's stat downs in this party and I don't want to use Turn Undead at all.

I was thinking Necromancer/Warrior Monk (for leaf saber)/Archmage (for holy?)

What other combinations work smoothly?
3DS: 3411 - 1233 - 9924

User Info: Phexar

Phexar
7 months ago#2
Sage, Rune Master and Warrior Monk could work okay. RM can do heavy damage and insta-kill enemies without need for any buffs/debuffs by using Stone Cloud or Death Spell, and WM will give her MP back to help fuel that. Sage will provide other elemental sabers for the party's overall damage, especially to WM, and also Light damage in the form of Holy Ball and Saint Beam for the many Light-weak enemies in the Mirage Palace. Angela will also have Dark Force for midgame which helps with Silver Wolves, Dangaard, Lightgazer and Mispolm (his counter magic doesn't work on it).
Mist Magician, leader of Team Polar/etc. I like to get to the heart of matters. (Created 6/6/2003)

Valinne
7 months ago#3
I haven't planned out the final classes yet, but I did do an all Light party and my god, these Silver Wolves are destroying me. This is craziness. I hear so often that Kevin and Carlie's final boss is the easiest, but their path to it sure isn't.

User Info: genestealer

genestealer
7 months ago#4
Silver Wolves appear on all paths though...

All light doesn't work too well for this group, you'd want either dark Carlie for spell support (stat downs) or dark Angela (Runemaster) for spells that do heavy damage without support.

I mean it's not the end of the world, I don't think any group with Kevin in it would have trouble with this game, it's just that Angela will kind of... not be doing much, a lot of the time.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
7 months ago#5
Valinne posted...
I haven't planned out the final classes yet, but I did do an all Light party and my god, these Silver Wolves are destroying me. This is craziness. I hear so often that Kevin and Carlie's final boss is the easiest, but their path to it sure isn't.

Switch the NPCs to only use level one techs and never use magic or level two plus techs on those Silver Wolves unless you know it will be the final shot.

The ninjas are similarly dangerous by the way, and probably a few others I am forgetting.

It's hilarious that the wolves use Kevin's level 3 techs against the player though. (All of those counters are shared with one of Kevin's final classes.) I wonder if that's true for the ninjas and Hawk. I never looked into it.

Either way, Kevin is so overpowered once you know about the counter thing you should be fine, especially with two healers.

Valinne
7 months ago#6
It's more that they rapidly spam Heal Light as soon as they're half health and then frequently mix in techs while I'm struggling to whittle down their HP while underleveled and undergeared. I made it through with Carlie spamming Heal Light of her own, Angela prioritizing Evil Gate on them, and Kevin spamming his level 1 tech, but they'd still go berserk with Heal Light in between sometimes. One screen throws like 9 something wolves at you if you want to clear it. You don't HAVE to of course, but man...

It wasn't impossible, but not the easiest time I've had in this game. I don't think I've ever played without one or both of Hawk and Riesz for stat stuff.

Voxwik
7 months ago#7
Are you sure they aren't countering Angela?

Valinne
7 months ago#8
Oh no, if Evil Gate doesn't kill them they counter it? That might be what's going on. I had thought it was only level 2/3 techs that triggered it.

Voxwik
7 months ago#9
Yeah spell counters are rather irritating in this game. Some bosses will spam non stop if you cast on them (at least with stuff they are weak to).

User Info: Phexar

Phexar
7 months ago#10
Yup that's one reason why I recommended Dark Angela since Delvar's Dark Force is a lot better at blowing away the Silver Wolves than Evil Gate. Softening them up more a bit before finishing them off with Evil Gate will work okay though. On the bright side, more lethal late-game enemies (and most late game enemies in general) tend to be weak to Light so Saint Beam will hurt them a lot.

As for counters, they're triggered by offensive spells and Lv 2/3 techs. Bosses will do them more as the game goes on, and especially beware of ninja/werewolf/knight enemies since their counters are the same as some of your higher level techs and which really hurt. Big demon enemies, spellcasters and robots can perform some counters that sting as well. I'd suggest only casting spells on them if it'll one-shot them or finish them off.

They can however also perform their counters at will or when low on health anyway too, it's a bit random, just that certain things guarantee eating a counter. It's why when I use Dark Lise or Dark Hawk I debuff them with stuff like Power Down or Water Jutsu anyway - even if I get a counter out of it, it wouldn't be as lethal as if I hadn't debuffed them. Silence is even better of course.
Mist Magician, leader of Team Polar/etc. I like to get to the heart of matters. (Created 6/6/2003)
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. First time using Charlotte, Charlotte/Kevin/Angela party advice.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived