• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. Insane difficulty website isn't working.

User Info: gamerdude535

gamerdude535
2 years ago#1
Need someone to email me the patches to fix the evade and critical hit bugs. Might like to try out one of the gameplay/difficulty patches too.

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
2 years ago#2
I don't recommend the fix only patch
The damage formulas are built on this broken mess of a game
Should you "fix" them, by midgame your party will get OHKO'd on a regular basis

gamerdude535
2 years ago#3
Chemazan posted...
I don't recommend the fix only patch
The damage formulas are built on this broken mess of a game
Should you "fix" them, by midgame your party will get OHKO'd on a regular basis

Ahh ok so in that case which difficulty level of the full hack would you recommend? I think I found somewhere else that has it up for download

AdmiralStiff
2 years ago#4
Anything below "normal", unless you wanna access the ring menu on a regular basis

Poison is just so ubiquitous yet stupidly deadly

User Info: praetarius3

praetarius3
2 years ago#5
Insane difficulty is probably gone for good, new home is ngplus.net

AdmiralStiff
2 years ago#6
praetarius3 posted...

Seems to be the case
http://ngplus.net/index.php?/files/file/28-seiken-densetsu-3-sin-of-mana/

gamerdude535
2 years ago#7
Chemazan posted...
praetarius3 posted...

Seems to be the case
http://ngplus.net/index.php?/files/file/28-seiken-densetsu-3-sin-of-mana/

Coincidentally that's where I found it.

User Info: madmonkvlado

madmonkvlado
2 years ago#8
So, how is your experience with the remixed version? I want to know if it is really that different to start a new game after finishing it like 10 times (first time hawk, duran, riese; sausage party, weeabo wifu party, powerful magic party, best supporters no healing etc.)

User Info: Exkalipoor

Exkalipoor
2 years ago#9
The default patch is the highest difficulty and it is hard, possible even frustrating. Enemies deal tons of damage and every death lowers your stats until you visit an Inn. At least the MP get restored after every victory.

Bosses are brutal, because they have completely different pattern and strats. If you don't know how they work, they may just overwhelm you. If you are unlucky you trigger two counter attacks at once. You can hold 20 pieces of the same item and you need it. I spend lot's of time just in the item menu because an attack 2HKOs my team and I have to heal them as soon as possible. Heal Light takes way too long.

The equipment is different as well. You get the armor with the highest defense early on, but every equipment is supposed to be useful throughout the whole game. They give resistance, evasion, crit resistance, HP bonuses, raise attack or magic. On the one hand this gives much diversity, on the other hand it is likely that you almost never change your equipment, because most of the quirks are niche adn too situational.
You basically have to check the armory excel sheet the whole time, because you the game won't tell you anything.

The classes get tons of spells. Even the Dervish has seven spells (Energy Ball, Speed Down, Def Down, Moon Saber, Leaf Saber, Dark Saber, Poison Breath) and he has the least amount of spells. Almost every character has access to Heal Light, Sabers, Stat Ups and Stat Downs.

One thing I like it the leveling. You reach level 18 just at the wind crystal, level 38 around the time you get to the water/fire crystal and the end game will be at level 99. Since the stat caps are raised to 27-33, you can't max your stats. Speaking of stats: Every stat has now a purpose, like Agility affecting hitting, dodging, critting and the speed rate of casting for some characters. Or spirit raising Magic Defense.

I played the hack 2 years ago and quit at Xan-Bie, because I didn't had a class or an item that could lower his magic stat. He has one attack that ignores magic defense and I was screwed. Currently on a new file, got the Mana Sword but I'm not sure if my team can handle the God Beasts and the final dungeon (Bishop, Duellant, Fenrir Knight).

Overall, the patch really changes a lot of elements of the game and makes many of them useful. In the original, characters had few spells, many stats like agilty for dodging and critting were useless, the equipment was just mundane upgrading. Many issues I stated may not occur on a lower difficulty.

User Info: praetarius3

praetarius3
2 years ago#10
I'd say you missed a few of the imo biggest changes:
-you can run in battle
-you can equip two accessoires (repurposed Duran's shield slot)
-regenerating MP (with lower MP pool)
-auto heal after battle if you know heal light (just a logical consequence of the above; infinite MP + heal spell = stop wasting my time)
-enemy counter attacks are no longer triggered by just hitting htem once with a lv2/3 tech or a weakness spell, but once a certain number of hits has accumulated over everything you do (even regular attacks)
-enemy lv2/3 tech clones no longer deal obscene damage

For the record, difficulty is not set in stone once you've started; you can change it at any time by applying one of the other difficulty patches.
  1. Boards
  2. Seiken Densetsu 3
  3. Insane difficulty website isn't working.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A