• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. New Easter Egg Recently Discovered

User Info: NeoSyrex

NeoSyrex
12 years ago#1
Hi, I'm a big fan of this game, as are a lot of people, so it came to me as a great surprise when I found out an Easter egg had just recently been discovered in the game. What you have to do is press R 39 times while holding the L and A buttons, then press R while pressing no other buttons. It apparently can only be done when the characters' weapons are out. What happens is the letters "NAS" appear on the characters' weapon gauges. I don't believe it has any effect other than this. It seems pretty certain that the significance of "NAS" is that they are the first three letters of the name of the game's lead programmer, the enigmatic Nasir Gebelli (who often goes by just "Nasir", as shown in the game's intro).

By the way, you can thank HHS from TASVideos for discovering this (along with many other very interesting findings), I just wanted to post it here because I felt more people should know about it, and I don't believe its been posted here yet.
Valhalla!
Rei, Breath of Fire III

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
12 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Ecclesiastes273
12 years ago#3
**Previous Post**
I'm a skeptical man, but I'll fire up my ZSnes and see what comes up. It might make a good motif during fights, who knows?
**Previous Post**

Wow, turns out it works. Pretty nifty, though I wish it would stay in combat or something. Pretty cool that something new was found on an older game such as this
Secret of Mana-Solo Purim Run: Lv17, stalled at Demon Wall.

User Info: bbv92628sm

bbv92628sm
12 years ago#4
I'm going to have to fire up the SNES and see if this works.
"We're going back to potatos."

User Info: kingbongbundy

kingbongbundy
12 years ago#5
that is one illmatic easter egg
gt = captainduckman

User Info: giftofthementor

giftofthementor
12 years ago#6
Hmm, no vid link. I don't know about that...
Have sandbag, will travel.

Ecclesiastes273
12 years ago#7
I really don't feel like making a video with my rom on zsnes, but here's a screenshot of the egg in action. The letters appear for about a second, then leave.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/ecclesiastes27319/EasterEgg.jpg
Secret of Mana-Solo Purim Run: Progressing too fast to keep updating this sig.

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
12 years ago#8
We tried this just now, it works.

User Info: Hozu

Hozu
12 years ago#9
Weird.... now how did someone find out something random as this? I mean who presses R 39 times while holding A and L? <_<

Ecclesiastes273
12 years ago#10
I always want to ask that question, but at the same time, I never really want it answered...
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Mana
  3. New Easter Egg Recently Discovered
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A