• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. The 25th Anniversary Balance Patch is now officially available

User Info: assassin17

assassin17
5 months ago#11
As much as I would like to try your mod, I literally have to dedicate a few months to playing it just to find out what is in it.

O_o or you could dedicate 20 minutes to reading the Changelog. tough call there. it's this kind of dramatic overstatement (complete with misuse of the word "literally") that makes MasterKnight's tirade more understandable.

in the time you've spent on typing TWO posts saying why you find his mod so inscrutable, and how the whole process of learning about it is such a daunting time sink, you instead could have *gasp* read the Changelog. as i've explained, most entries are 2 to 5 sentences (and for large ones, you'll get the gist after 3), and the changes are largely ordered by category.
''Attacks are the best attack.'' -- RedDemon's strategy for the 2nd to last boss in FF3us -- http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_iii_boss.txt

User Info: l_hunter9

l_hunter9
5 months ago#12
I did read through the changelog (before my very first post, in fact), but I don't know Secret of Evermore well enough to really grasp what 90% of those changes are, Assassin. I am not a hardcore coder like you are. I was trying to give tips to MasterKnight from the perspective of an average player. I only remember Secret of Evermore being too easy, and was wondering how this mod beefs up the difficulty, if at all.

Anyway, it's obvious my posts are inciting anger instead of helping, so I have deleted them.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: assassin17

assassin17
5 months ago#13
oh, i interpreted that more as "i can't be bothered to read through all of those". sorry for getting obnoxious.
''Attacks are the best attack.'' -- RedDemon's strategy for the 2nd to last boss in FF3us -- http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/final_fantasy_iii_boss.txt

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
5 months ago#14
assassin17, thank you for at least making my point clear, as well as providing some actual details about input of my readme's structure. It's like I say: some more coordination would be welcome, and obviously I would welcome the idea of showing people a draft. Though of course, when people are hard to convince without seeing what is actively going on, I'm having to resort to using videos or providing details to cement my case with the involved points.

The summary of my balance patch is thus: modern game balancing that seeks to keep the valid points of the past underscored while ironing out the kinks to the best of its ability or even introducing new concepts here and there.

Of course, under that pesky deadline and limited resources, I could only do so much, or else I would certainly have patched out the Wings glitch for example. I couldn't even think of everything I wanted to do to put it on the Readme, which is where active input would have been useful. I would think, though, that players would try out manual control of the Dog thanks to the improved sniff movement turning it into a power walk.

What gets particularly upsetting about this whole mess is when all the attention to Secret of Evermore is just because of a big name named RoahmMythril, who has thought to vilify me so arbitrarily, and once he jumps ship from Secret of Evermore, so will his sycophantic fanbase who will keep believing it's just held up by duct tape and prayers. At least now when Texas put their political weight into Trump and ends up on the wrong side of history as a result, that makes things less absurd, but it's as I portray with the Lonely Halls music involvement right after defeating Mungola: that the other side got defeated, but no matter how stupid their choices were, I can't help but imagine what things would have been like if they had been better with them, in this case a moment like this that would have been nice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yhWjPXXPM
And in case you couldn't tell from how I came out before about my parents' house, by the way, I myself have had enough of California's own bull. We could have had RoahmMythril do things like ask a few questions over how his family business is a gun shop in the first place.

Unfortunately, instead, we get RoahmMythril wanting to blow his credentials on being a jerk. A manipulative and hypocritical one at that. And we end up with a big name telling people to be glass half-empty about Secret of Evermore, which Secret of Evermore does not need more of when it's already put through Misblaming with aspects like Seiken Densetsu 3's localization issues, no matter how valid certain points within the Misblaming are. Oh, and nice touch, that gun shop thing particularly comes up when RoahmMythril on his LP would have that be the subject he goes into when "responding" to the Show of Life play that calls out how women are expected to just live their lives as servant maids.

There's a reason I get aggravated with how people will just not give my balance patch a fair shot, and it boils down to representing how the vitriolic hate spreading divide in Secret of Evermore's community is that big, arguably on par with what was already around with the Advance Wars community, a farce in its own right.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. The 25th Anniversary Balance Patch is now officially available
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A