• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Mover_of_Zigs

Mover_of_Zigs
6 months ago#1
Call me crazy, but my favorite part of this game is how many spaces they give to name your characters.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/5/8/5/AAZoLYAAA8ch.jpg
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
6 months ago#2
They had a pretty long name choice for Secret of Mana too, if I remember right.
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
6 months ago#3
_Kaz posted...
They had a pretty long name choice for Secret of Mana too, if I remember right.
Was Secret of Mana capable of holding "Doctor Moonshine" as a name?
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

Mover_of_Zigs
6 months ago#4
Sadly, Secret of Mana only allows 6 letters... 😭
Accept the Dumptruck as your Lord and Earth-Mover, that He may spare you in the time of the Great Demolition.

User Info: XETH

XETH
6 months ago#5
Mover_of_Zigs posted...
Sadly, Secret of Mana only allows 6 letters... 😭
6 => 16. Finally something which IS meassurable (2.67 times) better in SoE than in SoM xD

User Info: shanloric

shanloric
5 months ago#6
I remember before I got my own copy I'd rent this little gem several times from the video store (remember those?). The names some people would put in were for the time wildly long. Were talking full names. Also some elaborate vulgarities which TOS won't allow me to share here! Some guy paid 3 amulets of annihilation and made it all the way to Verminator.

Verminator sucks.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT

Mover_of_Zigs
5 months ago#7
shanloric posted...
Verminator sucks.

Great King Rat was a dirty old man, and a dirty old man was he.

User Info: XETH

XETH
1 month ago#8
XETH posted...
6 => 16. Finally something which IS meassurable (2.67 times) better in SoE than in SoM xD
Actually you can have up to 42 characters. The shorter the letters are, the more of the myou can use. Try it out. Use periods and be surprised.

User Info: Gremstein

Gremstein
1 month ago#9
It's definitely a nice little touch of immersion.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A