• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Resources, modding and progress of a randomizer

User Info: black_sliver

black_sliver
4 months ago#41
2) I am wrong. There is a way to skip the trigger, see 100% speedrun. Completely forgot about that

User Info: XETH

XETH
1 month ago#42
Wings glitch is finally fixed. Kudos.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 days ago#43
Just wanted to throw this out there that I've been playing this for a little bit now and I love it, though the progression does feel a bit wonky at times.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I got the bronze spear from the bugmuck spider, but when I killed the vipers where you normally get the horn spear, it said I received nothing. After working my way to the mad monk that gives you the bronze spear, again I was told I received nothing. I am playing with the gourdomizer on, so does this mean that I can find weapons in gourds/pots and there's a possibility of getting nothing (I'm guessing empty pot/gourd) from bosses?

Also, I'm guessing it's probably just bad luck on my part, but I've cleared everything except the volcano (haven't found levitate yet) in the prehistoric land, completed the hall of collosia, and most of nobilia and I have yet to find a single offensive alchemy spell. My Heal and One Up spells are dirt cheap to cast, so that's pretty nice.

All around great work on the randomizer though. I've been playing a ton of the Final Fantasy 3/6 rando and I just thought to look for this game in the debigare list one day and found it. Discord is currently crashing on my phone, otherwise I'd probably just talk about this there, but once I get everything situated, I'll transition over there.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: black_sliver

black_sliver
2 days ago#44
STG Deathbot posted...
[...] when I killed the vipers where you normally get the horn spear, it said I received nothing. [...], again I was told I received nothing.

Nothing-boss-drops were added to get bosses like Magmar into the pool, that drop nothing in the vanilla game.

I am playing with the gourdomizer on, so does this mean that I can find weapons in gourds/pots and there's a possibility of getting nothing (I'm guessing empty pot/gourd) from bosses?

There are (still) separate item pools for boss drops, gourds/chests and spells. Gourdomizer means the gourd/chest pool is shuffled (turning that off would mean that all chests are vanilla).

Also, I'm guessing it's probably just bad luck on my part, [...]

It's random :D

All around great work on the randomizer though.

1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Resources, modding and progress of a randomizer
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A