• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Dog seems to only attack Thraxx's heart when Hero attacks it.

User Info: mrjojo1267

mrjojo1267
1 year ago#1
I’ve recently been playing the original PAL version on the old SNES and when I reached Thraxx, I would normally do my usual strategy which is to go up to his rib cage and mash the attack button until it opens up (I make sure my doggy is close to me). I then run in where the dog usually follows close behind and stand next to the heart. But the dog doesn’t attack the heart if I don’t attack it. I even waited long after the dog was fully charged (both level 1 and 2) and selecting the heart as a target from the ring menu. He only attacks when I attack.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this intended behaviour of the AI that it only attacks those which pose a direct threat?

User Info: AdmiralStiff

AdmiralStiff
1 year ago#2
Seems to be a scripted behavior on that specific boss

Funfact: if you use a no stamina code, the dog softlocks the boy until he or the boss dies by attacking the heart nonstop

Also, the damage displayed on the heart grows exponentially regardless of stats
You cannot stop me from getting inside
I am cold, I am hard and my name... is Reality

User Info: mrjojo1267

mrjojo1267
1 year ago#3
Interesting about the constant increase in heart damage. It almost seems this boss had so much more scripting than the other bosses.
(message deleted)

User Info: XETH

XETH
8 months ago#5
undefined posted...
Interesting about the constant increase in heart damage. It almost seems this boss had so much more scripting than the other bosses.
Brian Fehdrau said in one of his interviews something about "once you found out the winning strategy it's easy to beat thraxx". I am wondering what he exactly meant.

Could be one or more of the following
  • increasing attack power while continous attacks
  • a spot on the left side where the controlled player can't be pushed back
  • fast switching to the other player after every 100% hit to thraxx' heart (only the human controlled player will be pushed back)

1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Dog seems to only attack Thraxx's heart when Hero attacks it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A