The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Why was this game made?

User Info: Chirpy13

Chirpy13
9 years ago#1
Not to say anything bad about this game; to be perfectly honest, I haven't even played it. I've just wondered why they made a similar game to Secret of Mana instead of just releasing Seiken Densetsu 3 (or both games for that matter). Also, why was this never released in Japan? Off the top of my head I can't think of a single game for a Nintendo console before this that never had a Japanese release, let alone a Squaresoft title.
`·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.·´¯`·.·«• Chirpy13 •»·.·´¯`·.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.·´
http://www.mub

User Info: Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X
9 years ago#2
IMO, this game is tons better then Seiken Densetsu 3.

It's one of my favorite SNES games, and the most underrated SNES game imo.

User Info: Yamchafang

Yamchafang
9 years ago#3
My favorite game of all time right here =D
I am Nostradamus - Rob Halford

User Info: BahamutPrincess

BahamutPrincess
9 years ago#4
Because the video game gods ordained it to be so.

Bow and pay homage to it! >:3
"Looks like taxes are going to go up. Guess I'll have to buy more cheapo ramen". *Random guy in Tales of Destiny*
You should read the topics where Brian answers those exact questions.
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!

User Info: ItsBillsFault

ItsBillsFault
9 years ago#6
While they're probably in the archive, my posts are long gone from this site.

Chirpy--

I'm the lead programmer from SoE, and I can answer your questions:

> I've just wondered why they made a similar game to Secret of Mana

Doug Smith, who wrote Lode Runner, was hanging out with the Square Japan guys at some gathering. He suggested they make an american-motif RPG. They said OK, hired him to do it, and he hired me and a bunch of other people to make it here in the States. Square Japan told us specifically to make a game like SoM with western themes.

> instead of just releasing Seiken Densetsu 3 (or both games for that matter).

SD3 was not released for reasons completely unrelated to the development of SoE. Had SoE not been developed, SD3 would still not have been released.

> Also, why was this never released in Japan? Off the top of my head I can't think of a single game for a Nintendo console before this that never had a Japanese release, let alone a Squaresoft title.

Dunno. They probably figured the Japanese market would be disinterested, but I'm just guessing. We localized for nearly every other region.

User Info: Earthbound_X

Earthbound_X
9 years ago#7
And what came of it? One of the best games on the SNES. Yay Bill!
Doing a Let's Play of sorts of Secret of Evermore at http://www.gamerdna.com/game/secret-of-evermore-super-nintendo-entertainment-system

User Info: cool_boy_mew

cool_boy_mew
9 years ago#8
This game was awesome

But do you know why exactly Seiken Densetsu 3 wasn't released here?
~ Proud Member of YKDDP ~
http://www.backloggery.com/cool_boy_mew

User Info: BahamutPrincess

BahamutPrincess
9 years ago#9
Probably 'cause Angela is just too damn sexy.
"Looks like taxes are going to go up. Guess I'll have to buy more cheapo ramen". *Random guy in Tales of Destiny*

User Info: ItsBillsFault

ItsBillsFault
9 years ago#10
> Yay Bill!

I'm Brian. Bill is whose fault it is. ;)
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. Why was this game made?
  • Topic Archived