• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. What was the secret?

User Info: innernetz

innernetz
10 years ago#1
what exactly was the secret in the secret of evermore?

User Info: Shadow_Divine

Shadow_Divine
10 years ago#2
that a roboter butler went insane and enslaved 4 people for 30 years...
At least it was a roboter butler in the german version, dunno how they
called him in the english one.
Considering the main hero, kirby,eats people alive, dedede isn't that bad. -caoslayer
Brawl FC: 5155-4377-0097 Central European - Casual Gamer

User Info: innernetz

innernetz
10 years ago#3
oh well, thank you, i thought the secret had something to do with getting away from evermore, but i guess not huh.

User Info: Hell Hawk

Hell Hawk
10 years ago#4
Evermore was the Secret.
Use the Force LUE

User Info: ganondorf360

ganondorf360
10 years ago#5
I bet the true secret is will evermore return
1 Sword: Free, 1 Partner: Free,
Seeing meta knight with no mask: Priceless

User Info: ItsBillsFault

ItsBillsFault
10 years ago#6
The secret is that management will rename your game a month before you ship if they think a couple of familiar extra words will make it sell more copies. ;)

User Info: Yamchafang

Yamchafang
10 years ago#7
The secret is that the bare minimum distance you walk to complete this game is 20 ingame miles, if my calculations are correct that means that Secret of Evermore 2 will be released in....20 YEARS! 0_o But you'll play as the Librarian, and instead of alchemy you get a bunch of cats, each one with a different power. Secret of Evermore : Legend of the Old Cat Lady
We sure got to the Root of that problem
- Chris Redfield

User Info: Sonic_Reaper

Sonic_Reaper
10 years ago#8
ItsBillsFault has it right. Originally the game was just going to be called "Evermore", but to link to the "Secret of Mana" series, "Secret of" was strapped onto the title. I think in many ways that backfired though.

User Info: PodunkDog

PodunkDog
10 years ago#9
ItsBillsFault has it right. Originally the game was just going to be called "Evermore", but to link to the "Secret of Mana" series, "Secret of" was strapped onto the title. I think in many ways that backfired though.

Well, yeah. He's Brian Fehdrau.
I'm just a dog. A Podunk Dog. I've been a Prehistoric Wolf, an Antique Dog, a Gothic Poodle, and a Futuristic Toaster. I am a Podunk Dog.

User Info: ItsBillsFault

ItsBillsFault
10 years ago#10
Yeah, I'd say it backfired. It reminded too many people that they were hoping for SoM2 (SD3) and, I think, made them more inclined to think SoE was in lieu of SoM2. It also encouraged a lot of SoM/SoE comparisons, which were valid at the level of the game interface, but not the game itself. I do wonder if things would have been different without the name modification.

We weren't happy when we were told, but other than gripe, there wasn't much we could do about it.

I still think of it as just "Evermore" in my head.
  1. Boards
  2. Secret of Evermore
  3. What was the secret?
  • Topic Archived