• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 3
  3. What are you specting?

User Info: Malagant

Malagant
4 weeks ago#1
so whit the remaster coming what are your thoughts on changes or improvements? im really hoping they take the chance to finish some side quest that were left half done like tatyana and librof, harrid back story and the princess. going back to shinon stuff like that. what about you?
Brave Exvius FC: 391-158-692

User Info: HolyAjora

HolyAjora
4 weeks ago#2
Obviously I'm hoping for Tatyana stuff in the game. In general, I am hoping for a more finished game. However I am going to try and keep expectations to just "The game will look decent on newer systems" to avoid having hopes crushed.
"The Power of Sword and Axe" Unlimited SaGa BT Ver 8.
Avatar: Sarah Carson (Romancing SaGa 3)

User Info: Hiveswap_1

Hiveswap_1
4 weeks ago#3
I just want the battles can be processed faster like they did in RS2. Also, a place where i can safely grind could be nice too.

Malagant
4 weeks ago#4
Hiveswap_1 posted...
I just want the battles can be processed faster like they did in RS2. Also, a place where i can safely grind could be nice too.

is there a place were you CANT grind in this game? i have always found this one to be on the easy side of things

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 weeks ago#5
My expectations are pretty low. My main hope is that the PC version isn't just a clumsy mobile port with mobile buttons all over the screen and awkward controls.

Though I think they learned their lesson after RSG2. Plus this one is already planned to be multiplatform early, so...

Other than that, I'm not expecting anything really lol. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: Hiveswap_1

Hiveswap_1
4 weeks ago#6
Malagant posted...
Hiveswap_1 posted...

is there a place were you CANT grind in this game? i have always found this one to be on the easy side of things

I mean, a place like Maze of Memory where you can grind there with weak monsters that are not from your current Battle Rank and when you feel like the enemies are getting stronger, just leave the maze and come back when i need to. But the only thing that really matters to me is that the battles can be processed faster.

Malagant
4 weeks ago#7
NessEggman posted...
My expectations are pretty low. My main hope is that the PC version isn't just a clumsy mobile port with mobile buttons all over the screen and awkward controls.

Though I think they learned their lesson after RSG2. Plus this one is already planned to be multiplatform early, so...

Other than that, I'm not expecting anything really lol. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

its not a mobile port since it never was released has one wich is good so i think we are safe on that aspect

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 weeks ago#8
not expecting it but it would be nice if the party user interface had Tomimi Kobayashi portraits instead of just sprites

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/romasaga3/

though devs would argue to maintain graphics consistency and art consistency, they rather just have the game exclusively reveal nothing but sprites instead of having portraits in the conversation bubbles as well as in the party menu.

but I mean the presentation would be overall more gorgeous with these things. like even Final Fantasy II on PSP included portraits for conversations besides the party menu.

and if they have full body art for the characters in their individual status/equip menus, that would add to the presentation and beauty of the game.

the game can stand with just sprites, but portraits would make the characters and overall presentation look much more detailed and alive even within the retro graphics guidelines.

it's insane even Imperial Saga makes greater use of gorgeous 2D art in their battles and camp menu and stuff,

while these Romancing SaGa remasters are just getting sprites with no portraits to at least convey a more natural presentation of the characters through the interface and presentation.

I mean look at how even in Imperial SaGa, and the upcoming Re; Universe, has 1000x times more gorgeous and detailed sprites for the Romancing SaGa 2 characters sprites, as well as others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVHo6NWxNv0

while the RSG2 remaster is basically a carbon copy of the old midget sprites. none of the promotional art is utilized anywhere within the game itself, and the sprites were not updated to Imperial SaGa level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWbp20lYLko

new updated backgrounds, boss animations and effects are nice and all, but portraits would go a long way to make the characters more alive and interface more appealing.

its embarrassing the mobile exclusive SaGa games get more eye candy and more stellar soundtracks than the Romancing SaGa remasters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSebdE3_fts

Square Enix should bridge the Imperial SaGa devs with the RS3 devs and outsource art and sprites to the RS3 devs so RS3 remaster can look even more gorgeous and amazing throughout the game's presentation, menus, etc.

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
4 weeks ago#9
I love the Imperial SaGa sprites and would love if we got something like that, but I'm pretty sure we're going to get the old SFC sprites again.

But yeah, most of the characters have sprites in Imperial SaGa. I think the only ones who never got in were Tiberius and... maybe Paul? The bosses and most of the enemies should be in there, too.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 weeks ago#10
I do appreciate RS2 remaster. thanks to that remaster I able to playthrough it on PS4.
the devs did a wonderful effort with it, and yea it is fine that RS3 remaster stays faithful to the original sprites.

RS2 remaster still looks way better than the SNES version and RS3 remaster is already looking outstanding with the updated visuals. plus honestly its original user interface is actually the best out of the Romancing SaGa trilogy overall, so it really does have a great look to it. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 3
  3. What are you specting?
  • Topic Archived