• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 2
  3. Spear in Early Game?

User Info: ExistentOne

ExistentOne
2 months ago#1
So I'm in the first generation, right before the second Kzinssie battle, and finally managed to spark a needed stun tech for Therese, Trip. Unfortunately, Feint would have been better, since Trip's a spear tech, and spears aren't sold in shops. In fact, there aren't any good ways to get spears that I know of at this point. So far, there are two horrible ways to get a spear at this point that I know of for sure: the first is by recruiting someone who has a spear since the strategy guide lists the Long Spear as a "default weapon," but I like my party composition and don't want to intentionally kill someone off or make a party member redundant in the process, so that's out of the question this early in the game.
The other way is by random drop. A Long Spear the rare drop from Knights, so I've been resetting on them for a few hours. Actually managed to get the spear at one point but then I accidentally reset the game before saving. Thanks, muscle memory. :/
Anyway, is there easier access to a spear if I just wait? Control build Therese has been really promising so far, but the lack of a Stun ability seems like the biggest gap so far. So I'd rather grind that dreadful 0.8% drop than go several bosses without the abilities I need, but if there's a better way, I'd definitely do that first.

User Info: ExistentOne

ExistentOne
2 months ago#2
Never mind, I guess. I just found out there's a difference between "defense against" techs and their offensive counterparts. So I never actually had Trip in the first place. I hate sparking so much. RS2 has such deep and interesting mechanics, but my experience has been that those mechanics are always held at an arm's length from the player because the astronomically low odds make using specific strategies and speccing into builds nearly impossible.
But at least I won't have to worry about spears until they become more relevant later, so there's that.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 2
  3. Spear in Early Game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A