Finish the game without becoming the Final Emperor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 2
  3. Finish the game without becoming the Final Emperor

User Info: RuckTheFules

RuckTheFules
9 months ago#1
Hi guys,

well I played this game now for over 100 hours and I have achieved the most of the Trophys you can get. The one I want to aim now is to finish the game without becoming the final Emperor.
For that I just red the guide from Killerb ( https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/588633-romancing-saga-2/62278862 ).

1 Attempt: I followed this guide 1:1 but accidently I didnt kill the Narwhale so Subier didnt spawn in the ship - Okay next try.

2. Attempt: I followed the guide like before ( meanwhile I am so strong that I didnt grind - I just rush through). The only thing I didnt do is that I did the southern and eastern dungeon in Saigos later because Dantag spawned. I killed the Whale and killed Wagnas. After that I got no timeskip (Subier even doesnt trigger) - I dont know why. I just tried to killed Dantag and pick up the child and the timeskip suddely was there (Final Emperor). So i tried killing Dantag first and pick up the child - No timeskip. After that I beat Wagnas and timeskip was there. It feels like one Event was missing or so that shoudlve trigger Wagnas timeskip - but I did everything!

3. Attempt: 3 hours ago I started a new attempt and now Its f***ed up again. I just did the saigos dungeons later again cause of Dantag. Well somehow the Komulune II Event doesnt trigger. I tried alot things - so one blackscreen is missing again and if I kill Wagnas I have to kill another Boss to get a timeskip that led to start the Subier event.

I have to admit that I am clueless whats going on. So many people did it. Am I just stupid or is this game buggy as f***?

I hope somebody could enlighten me.

RuckTheFules
9 months ago#2
So i found out that the events happening in the game are bound on what year it is. I just grinded 100 years and I got the events pop that werent there before. Now I am in year 1358 and I only have to face Wagas. I did it before to ensure I get the timeskip - it worked. But the Subier story didnt pop => dead end. So I wonder if sb knows what year it has to be until the event with Subier take place?

User Info: Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy
9 months ago#3
I haven't tried this yet but I thought the idea was to kill Dantarg when he first spawned during the first Saigos quest so the lost child quest wouldn't happen or not give enough event points to cause a generation skip.
The only certain death in the universe is Mother Hitton's Littul Kittons.
Not changing this line until I beat Seven Heroes (2/24/07)

User Info: yazarc

yazarc
9 months ago#4
Mr Crispy posted...
I haven't tried this yet but I thought the idea was to kill Dantarg when he first spawned during the first Saigos quest so the lost child quest wouldn't happen or not give enough event points to cause a generation skip.

You can kill Dantarg whenever....If you just leave the cave without talking to the child, you won't get a time jump.
So remember. I'm going to be doing the fighting. Not the gods, not anybody else. I'm at the helm of my own fate --Romancing SaGa

RuckTheFules
9 months ago#5
Ok guys I did it. I grinded to +158 years and I was like 1558 and the event with Subier triggered.
You cant kill Dantarg on his first appearence because if you beat 4/7 Lords you will get the final emperor.

1. You kill in Szenario
2. Bokuhohn triggers blackscreen
3.Rocbouquet triggers blackscreen
4. Wagnas triggers blackscreen
5. Dantarg (no blackscreen - dont pick moo and child up)
6. Noel (doesnt trigger blackscreen)
7. Subier (strong form after killed whale before) you meet him in the sunken ship and it doesnt trigger blackscreen if you dont talk to the Diver!

So you have to beat them in this order.

User Info: yazarc

yazarc
9 months ago#6
The Subier event not triggering is what got me the first time I attempted this. I finally did it last night. You don't have to beat them necessarily in the order you present. You can do steps 2-4 however you see fit. After that point, you've chosen who will be your final emperor and then you do steps 5-7 however you want. I think Subier will still end up last because of of the requirements for triggering the sunken ship quest.
So remember. I'm going to be doing the fighting. Not the gods, not anybody else. I'm at the helm of my own fate --Romancing SaGa

User Info: Sagafan

Sagafan
9 months ago#7
I had the same problem as you guys with the sunken ship not triggering on my first attempt at Other Legend. I had to go back to an earlier save and redo Merchants Usurped then make sure that afterwards i fought a lot of battles so time got pushed forward enough in my remaining generation skips for the ship to trigger. I wonder what the exact requirements are for it to appear, a certain year or a certain number of years passed?

User Info: Ray5555

Ray5555
9 months ago#8
you know you can trigger garon's coup far earlier then when you did. First do the armed merchants quest line, like you are going to negotiate. you know the gem mine, and then get taken there normally. Then choose the second answer each time to get locked out of that quest. Then do the ant queen quest. this will black screen to the next generation. As soon as the next generation starts the garon coup arc will begin. It doesn't matter the years in this part. but the volcano mission will be delayed until later, so if you have dark magic that will be delayed until the generation before the final emperor. I ended up during my first play through eligible to finish the game as my final emperor.

just follow this guide almost a t: https://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588633-romancing-saga-2/faqs/31378

do every thing it says but ignore what it says about armed merchant quest when given the choice. just choose number 2 and say you will not work with the pirates. doing this will lock you out of the armed merchants quest line and delay the volcano questline. Then do the hive queen quest line to finish up the second generation (the one after Gerard) this will trigger baron's coup at the start of gen 3. Just follow the guide to a t, just replace the ant queen quest with baron's coup, and the volcano at a later date

the only thing that hurts is the ring on dantarg. If you follow the guide he should spawn in the bard's grotto
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan
I own all of the exotic weapons in destiny 2!
  1. Boards
  2. Romancing SaGa 2
  3. Finish the game without becoming the Final Emperor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived