deep discussion of Lu Bu's personality

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
  3. deep discussion of Lu Bu's personality

User Info: Cao_Bao

Cao_Bao
4 years ago#1
As far as we know, Lu Bu's stats is:
Int 25, war 100, chm 15, duty 10, vrt 5, ambition 90, compat 45, and trust 30.

And as far as we know, Lu Bu's personality is:
1. Loyalty 100 can switches sides in battle.
2. Easily tricked with tiger and wolf ruse.
3. Easily declare independence even there's no tiger and wolf letters.
4. Followers loyalty horribly dropped.
5. About 4 out of 5 enemy generals, are killed when Lu Bu charge him to zero soldiers.

(Since Lu Bu of RoTK1 is a very loyal person when has loyalty 100, then...)
Maybe from these essays, we can study the effect of each stats variable.

User Info: the_third_curry

the_third_curry
4 years ago#2
I wonder if low virtue causes officers to kill others in charges more frequently.

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 years ago#3
IIRC some research said that kill rate is determined by intelligence, not virtue.

For those who want to test, Xu Chu (98 war) has 20 int and 72 virtue. Send him out to charge some nobodies (which, compared to 98 war, is most officers) and see how many survive -- if it's int-based, most will die, but if it's virtue-based, most will survive.
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?

User Info: darkmoon2321

darkmoon2321
4 years ago#4
Lu Bu switches sides in battle primarily because his Duty stat is so low. He also has a relatively low starting loyalty to begin with. You have an approximately 15% chance to succesfully bribe Lu Bu in battle even with max loyalty (if you use 99 gold). Anybody with a Duty stat above 54 should be immune to bribery at max loyalty.

User Info: ErikoChristy

ErikoChristy
4 years ago#5
I'll like to confirm that all those officers (like Lu Bu as Cao_Bao stated) who have low(trust) low(honor) high(ambition) or LLH hidden status will revolt without the use of the tiger-wolf command even with 100 loyalty. Never trust these officers as the state governor or commander for war. Gongsun Yuan is very notorious for this.
youtube.com/junemilliam
IllBleed "Time to get ill" http://fc09.deviantart.net/images/i/2003/40/f/0/Friendship.jpg

Cao_Bao
4 years ago#6
Conclusion so far:
1. Low int makes officer kills enemy generals in charge.
2. Low duty makes officer easily bribed in battle, (the turning point is duty 54 for loyalty 100).
3. Low duty low vrt high ambition easily tiger-and-wolf.

Anymore ideas and helps?

--
Cao Bao: "I think I am a low-profile-gentleman, based on my stats."
Mi Fang: "I think you didn't graduate from your kindergarten school!"
Mi Zhu: "Mi Fang, why are you so harsh to Cao Bao?"
Cao Bao: "Maybe because I beat his charm."
Mi Fang: "Aargh... very straight painful into my heart...."

Cao_Bao
4 years ago#7
These thread means that even Zhuge Liang or Zhao Yun will eventually rebelled against you when someone hexedit their secret stats (duty, vrt, ambition, compat, etc).

--
(Resident Evil 2, Racoon Police Department, Lu Bu acts as Leon Kennedy).
Marvin Branagh: "Here, take this sky-piercer-spear, you should able to open most of the doors in the hallway with this. Now charge!"
Lu Bu: "But.."
Marvin Branagh: "Just charge!" *pointing the gun on Lu Bu's face*
Lu Bu: "Fine! But I'll coming back for you, just hold on!"
Marvin Branagh: "Better not, coz I know you will switches sides then."
Lu Bu: "Haahahah... But in this game, the script says it's you who will switches sides... Ah never mind anyway."

User Info: NastyMachine

NastyMachine
4 years ago#8
I've always thought the likelihood of killing an enemy officer is based on nothing but the war stat and chance. I haven't done any testing of the matter.

Cao_Bao
4 years ago#9
(Hulao Gate in fictional and horribly messed up with RoTK2).

Lu Bu was about to cut down Gongsun Zan when he suddenly switches sides.
Now followed with Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, Lu Bu was about to behead Dong Zhuo and scatter Dong's army, when he suddenly switches sides again, and then he attacked Guan Yu and Zhang Fei.
Seeing that Guan Yu and Zhang Fei cannot overcome Lu Bu, Liu Bei charge in to help his brothers.
With only war 70, Liu Bei is now a primary target of Lu Bu, and Lu Bu managed to push down Liu Bei to fall from Liu's horse.
Guan Yu and Zhang Fei histerically in terror seeing Lu Bu was about to strike Liu Bei with fatal finishing blow, when suddenly Lu Bu switches sides again.
Now Lu Bu charging alone to Dong Zhuo's troops; while Liu Bei and his brothers just stay there didn't follow because they are still shocked.
When Lu Bu was very near to Dong zhuo, suddenly he switches sides again, and this time Dong Zhuo quickly order to retreat before the next switches-sides.

When on the way home, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei asked why Liu Bei don't want to kill Lu Bu, Liu Bei said: "I think it's not necessary to attack him, just bribe him and be done with it."

--
Cao Bao: "I think this is one of the most absurd story I ever write."
Mi Fang: "I think all of your story are stupid."

User Info: NastyMachine

NastyMachine
4 years ago#10
As far as rebellions, it'd be nice if the rebel general would consider stuff like:

there's little or no rice/gold
my ruler I'm about to ditch has 1000 fully armed soldiers one province away from me
my ruler has over 35 provinces and 50 generals, and I'm going to have one province alone
  1. Boards
  2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
  3. deep discussion of Lu Bu's personality

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived