• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
  3. [mod] RoTK2: Parallel Universes

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
5 years ago#1
It's been a long, long time -- over twenty years, in fact -- but we finally have a RoTK2 mod!

https://www.mediafire.com/?ll5mpb9rwe9utwb

This is just an IPS, so naturally, you'll need an english copy of RoTK2. Anyway, we've got not one, not two, but six alternate scenarios to play with!

191 -- The Failed Alliance:
Thanks to the constant bickering between them, the coalition against Dong Zhuo has utterly collapsed. Yuan Shao, Cao Cao, and Sun Jian are all dead, and Yuan Shu was driven south. Afraid of Dong Zhuo's power, Han Fu and Kong Rong are contemplating a call for a second coalition.

195 -- Lord Yuan Shu:
Although Sun Jian was defeated in the battle of Xiangyang, his forces mortally wounded Huang Zu in the process. Looking east, Yuan Shu conquered Shouchun, crushed Tao Qian, and added Lu Bu's forces to his ranks. Even now, he sees himself as the next emperor!

198 -- Jia Xu's Cunning:
Even though Dong Zhuo's partisans won the Battle of Changan, both Li Jue and Guo Si were killed in action. Jia Xu was tapped as the new leader, and turned out even better than they hoped. But will Ma Teng and Zhang Lu's submission be enough?

202 -- Brotherly Hate:
Thanks to Yuan Tan's reinforcements, Yuan Shao's invasion of Guandu was a success. Cao Cao's forces have been crippled, and Cao Hong, Yue Jin, and Xu Huang are all dead. But Yuan Shao died soon after, and infighting between Yuan Tan and Yuan Shang gives Cao Cao one last chance.

216 -- An Unexpected Succession:
With Cao Cao's sudden death, Wei is thrown into turmoil. Both Cao Zhang and Cao Zhi contested Cao Pi's elevation, splitting Wei in three even as Shu and Wu were poised to attack.

220 -- Guan Yu's Vengeance:
Cao Ren and Pang De are dead. Xu Huang was routed by Liu Feng's reinforcements, and Yu Jin reluctantly submitted to Shu. Wu is doing no better; most of Jing has fallen to Shu's onslaught, and neither Liu Bei nor Guan Yu show any signs of stopping.

Enjoy -- and let me know if there are any problems!

EDIT: I should point out that although I'm the modmaker, there's no way I could have done this alone; thanks go out to everyone on the board, and especially to Kawaiifan/Cutefan, ServantOfMagnus, and Marsil79.
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?
(edited 5 years ago)

User Info: jununhere

jununhere
5 years ago#2
ROTK II's first mod, yes!! I'm so pumped to play this. If only I didn't have exams next week...

jununhere
5 years ago#3
So I just took it for a spin, I like the layout of the six scenarios. I especially appreciate that province 19 is left open in the new scenario 2, it was the perfect for my new ruler. Or at least I thought it was until Cao Cao attacked me in January of the second year! I have been dealt my first ever ROTK II defeat lol. I was too busy checking out the scenario to bother with military and I payed the price, but it actually felt cool to have that happen. Was my loss due in part to mod changes or just my laziness?
(edited 5 years ago)

DragonAtma
5 years ago#4
CPU logic is unchanged; they tend to go after the weakest neighbor. Which, after Yang Feng gets kicked into 4, would probably be you.

Although 19 is open there, it's probably not the best place to start for the same reason 17 tends to make you a target in vanilla scenario 1. Provinces 22 and 23 are probably better choices.
My NES, SNES, and GB all work just fine. Why should I downgrade to a Wii U, PS4, or XBone?

User Info: RimmerDallJr

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#5
Congrats are the team that did this ! Hooray people yeah !
Confidence is light and charm at its best.

User Info: ErikoChristy

ErikoChristy
5 years ago#6
Can you make this into a rom so it can be played on the zsnes.
I L L B L E E D
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/e/b/7/gfs_43385_2_3.jpg

jununhere
5 years ago#7
All you need to do is to A) auto apply the patch or B) permanently apply it to a copy of your ROM. Instructions here: http://mnrogar.slickproductions.org/hacking/howto.txt

I use Lunar IPS for the permanent method rather than Snestool but I'm sure both will work.

User Info: RimmerDallJr

RimmerDallJr
5 years ago#8
It works i was able to start no problem on scenario one. I will test the game out over the next week.
Confidence is light and charm at its best.

User Info: the_third_curry

the_third_curry
5 years ago#9
I tried the mod today. It looks great. Scenarios 3 and 5 look particularly interesting.

I hate to report a problem the first day of the mod, but I have noticed one. On Scenario 5, Cao Zhang and Cao Pi are listed separately and each can be selected, but their colors look identical to me. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

DragonAtma
5 years ago#10
That's odd. The colors seem distinct for me:

* Cao Cao purple for Cao Pi (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11)
* Wang Lang Blue for Cao Zhang (8, 9, 16, 17, 18)
* Liu Biao Teal for Cao Zhi (12, 13, 14, 29, 30)

Do me a favor and give it another try; if the colors are still the same for Cao Pi and Cao Zhang, let me know.
  1. Boards
  2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
  3. [mod] RoTK2: Parallel Universes
  • Topic Closed