• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. MMX GP Chapter 2 (A. Armadillo, L. Octopus, B. Kuwanger, S. Chameleon)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
5 months ago#21
Armadillo is supposed to be really annoying to fight. I'm not in the mood to indulge that, so I break his armor off with Electric Spark, then keep electrocuting him until he coughs up his Rolling Shield and dies.

I'm starting to think this run is easier than a buster-only run, LOL. Especially as you get more weapons.

The mid-boss guarding it is one unpleasantly tough mofo, he takes a ridiculous amount of punishment before he finally bites the dust

He's gotta have more HP than the typical boss.

Longest stretch where I get to use one in this game, which is good because I absolutely love controlling Ride Armors in the series.

The jump-slash in the ride armors is pretty excellent. Had great range and wrecks everything.

Rolling Shield is his weakness but it's a chore to make it connect since the smallest torpedo will cancel it out before it hits its mark, and the projectile is huge so with the way Octopus is spraying torpedoes it's not even getting close to him before blowing up.

I tend to make dash-leaps over the projectiles so I'm right above his head and will drop a Rolling Shield on him though I may take a hit when dropping back down. It's not an issue with the missiles but the fish projectiles can still catch you. As it stands your method to chop off his arms is likely the best but I usually don't have the Cutter when I fight him.

The Sting Chameleon fight went pretty well. It took a little for me to get the hang of hitting him with the Boomerang Cutter, but once I did, that was easy enough.

You really just stand in the middle and fire from the ground in whatever direction he's in. Usually takes little effort.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
5 months ago#22
Launch Octopus always reminded me a lot of Dive Man from MM4.
Those Anglerge bosses are definitely inspired by the Mobys, and the part where you drop far into the depths to grab the Heart is similar to when you drop down into the secret area on Dive Man's stage to get the Wire Adapter.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Ajogamer

Ajogamer
5 months ago#23
Hotel_Security posted...
You really just stand in the middle and fire from the ground in whatever direction he's in. Usually takes little effort.

Yeah, that's what it essentially wound up being in the end for me, too. It was mainly messy at first since early on, I kept being slightly off with my boomerang shots (since I hadn't used it much before then, mainly), and I was still learning his attacks (between this initial fight and the refight, it seemed like consistently hitting him limits what moves he uses, too).

User Info: kefkamademedoit

kefkamademedoit
5 months ago#24
Peter_19 posted...
Launch Octopus always reminded me a lot of Dive Man from MM4.
Those Anglerge bosses are definitely inspired by the Mobys, and the part where you drop far into the depths to grab the Heart is similar to when you drop down into the secret area on Dive Man's stage to get the Wire Adapter.

its been a bit since I’ve played that one, so I didn’t make the connection. I’ll have to see a vid on that section to compare

Join us as we do group playthroughs for classic games! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
5 months ago#25
kefkamademedoit posted...
its been a bit since I’ve played that one, so I didn’t make the connection. I’ll have to see a vid on that section to compare
I was thinking of this guy at 1:45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkQfmqRfgMQ&t=1m45s

Of course, there are a few differences, but the general setting is quite similar.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.

kefkamademedoit
5 months ago#26
Thanks for that. After watching that I can definitely see how some of dive mans stage could have been used as inspiration for launch octopus.

also love how the water gets darker as you get deeper into that pit fall for the w item. Pretty neat touch to add since you are getting further away from the light
Join us as we do group playthroughs for classic games! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: 2001mark

2001mark
4 months ago#27
Playing MMX myself recently, Sting Chameleon is my final boss before the next round. SNES Classic with save states.
Personally, I love that level also - it actually reminds me a LOT of DuckTales' jungle level, which both developed by Capcom.

I've never played this far into the game before, long ago it was just rentals for fun. Its degree of difficulty is odd in that everything seems tough at first, until you get through half the bosses/power ups & get into a smooth gear. The bosses start to show their weaknesses to unique weapons, & the levels themselves aren't really that challenging.
(edited 4 months ago)

kefkamademedoit
4 months ago#28
yeah outside of launch octopus's stage most are pretty easy.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. MMX GP Chapter 2 (A. Armadillo, L. Octopus, B. Kuwanger, S. Chameleon)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How to use passwords? Side Quest1 Answer
How do i get Hadouken? Side Quest1 Answer
Zero's Buster and Dr.lights buster? General3 Answers
What does the Z buster do? Side Quest2 Answers
Chill Peguin.....lost boots? Enemy/Boss2 Answers