• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Is the upgraded pink charge shot stronger than the charged blue shot?

User Info: IAMGIYGAS

IAMGIYGAS
8 months ago#1
Someone told me the upgraded pink charged shot actually does less damage than just the normally charged blue shot. Is this true? I'm just asking for subsequent playthroughs if it's worth even getting it.
"Inside every cynical person there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
8 months ago#2
Yes and no. If every hit connects, it's more powerful, but if only one hit connects, it's less powerful.

But you can't miss it anyway. If you don't pick it up in Flame Mammoth's stage, Zero gives you the exact same upgrade when he dies.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
8 months ago#3
The main perk to getting the arm upgrade is the ability to charge special weapons.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin
For fishing.

User Info: IAMGIYGAS

IAMGIYGAS
8 months ago#4
NessEggman posted...
The main perk to getting the arm upgrade is the ability to charge special weapons.

you can charge special weapons? :0

DevsBro posted...
Yes and no. If every hit connects, it's more powerful, but if only one hit connects, it's less powerful.

But you can't miss it anyway. If you don't pick it up in Flame Mammoth's stage, Zero gives you the exact same upgrade when he dies.

So it's recommended to use it against boss's then?
"Inside every cynical person there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
8 months ago#5
Yup, once you get the arm upgrade you can charge your special weapons. It's great! My fav are the Rolling Shield and Chameleon Sting.
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin
For fishing.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
6 months ago#6
IAMGIYGAS posted...
So it's recommended to use it against boss's then?

It's actually NOT recommended against bosses and you're better off using the default Level-2 charged Buster(the original blue charge shot), because bosses have invincibility frames most of the time and thus after the very first hit the rest of the upgraded charge shot will just get absorbed by the boss while dealing no damage at all.

Only exception is Sigma's final form, which is programmed to take absolutely no damage from anything that isn't the upgraded charge shot or his weakness(Rolling Shield).

DevsBro posted...

That's one thing I liked about the Maverick Hunter X remake on PSP. If you get the upgrade from Zero instead of the standard way via Dr. Light Capsule, you got a different upgrade, a red charge shot that is single-hit but much more powerful and thus better-suited to fight bosses with.

Too bad that Zero's scene regarding his sacrifice was moved later to just before D-Rex's room, so after you get the new upgrade there wasn't much you can do with it, just fighting D-Rex, Velgauder, and both forms of Sigma.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
6 months ago#7
It's actually NOT recommended against bosses and you're better off using the default Level-2 charged Buster(the original blue charge shot), because bosses have invincibility frames most of the time and thus after the very first hit the rest of the upgraded charge shot will just get absorbed by the boss while dealing no damage at all.

Yeah, this seems to burn me more often than not, especially against that Spider Boss right at the start...like only a 1/3 of the full pink shots will do full damage.

It made me wish I could someone skip the weapon upgrade but the game forces it on you no matter what.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
6 months ago#8
The Super Charge seems quite erratic to me sometimes.
I fought that wolf boss Velguarder at the end of the game a while ago, and he seemed to randomly receive small or great damage regardless of how he was hit.
Sometimes it would look as if only a few of the hits would connect and he would still receive large damage, and sometimes he would only receive 1 unit of damage when I was sure that all hits connected.
I am not sure what was happening there.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
6 months ago#9
I fought that wolf boss Velguarder at the end of the game a while ago, and he seemed to randomly receive small or great damage regardless of how he was hit.

Oh yeah, he's the worst. Feels like it NEVER lands. I would eventually get into a rhythm where I'd time when I'd drop back down to ground level to when I'd be able to get off a yellow buster shot, rather than a pink. Just makes the fight take forever. And you can try using his weakness but it doesn't knock him back so it can be riskier to use.

User Info: Peter_19

Peter_19
6 months ago#10
Hotel_Security posted...

Oh yeah, he's the worst. Feels like it NEVER lands. I would eventually get into a rhythm where I'd time when I'd drop back down to ground level to when I'd be able to get off a yellow buster shot, rather than a pink. Just makes the fight take forever. And you can try using his weakness but it doesn't knock him back so it can be riskier to use.
I actually hesitated a bit to attack Velguarder during my first couple fights with him, because he was such a cute boss, hah.
I changed the signature again, trollolol.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Is the upgraded pink charge shot stronger than the charged blue shot?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Zero's Buster and Dr.lights buster? General3 Answers
How do i get Hadouken? Side Quest1 Answer
What does the Z buster do? Side Quest2 Answers
For hadouken? Side Quest3 Answers
Chill Peguin.....lost boots? Enemy/Boss2 Answers