• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. How to distinguish version 1.0 from version 1.1?

User Info: Crazy4Metroid

Crazy4Metroid
10 months ago#1
I have been thinking of getting myself a copy of this game. I have learned that there are two versions of it, version 1.0 and version 1.1

How can I tell which version I have? Anyone know if the version number is printed anywhere on the cartridge shell or on any of the chips on the circuit board?
Why must we rescue Princess Zelda again, what has she gotten herself into this time?!

User Info: Minarinaga

Minarinaga
9 months ago#2
Bumping the topic because I'd like to know, too. Sorry I do not have the answer myself.
DVD killed the video star

User Info: Darkdruiem

Darkdruiem
8 months ago#3
theres a few i know of but could be more 1.0 sub tanks at full compacity will only id say about 60 percent of life where 1.1 they fully heal. 1.0 sigma can be killed with one hydouken alone. but in version 1.1 only the dog and sigma one can be killed with one hydouken. also in 1.1 the patterns that make the game so hard in 1.0 are slightly easier and more forgiving it just depends if you have the original copy or a report to another system like anniversry collections that came out later down the line

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
7 months ago#4
Darkdruiem posted...
theres a few i know of but could be more 1.0 sub tanks at full compacity will only id say about 60 percent of life where 1.1 they fully heal. 1.0 sigma can be killed with one hydouken alone. but in version 1.1 only the dog and sigma one can be killed with one hydouken. also in 1.1 the patterns that make the game so hard in 1.0 are slightly easier and more forgiving it just depends if you have the original copy or a report to another system like anniversry collections that came out later down the line
This is helpful but nothing that would be known BEFORE buying the game. I think TC was referring to if you are looking at game carts online or in a store, how do you know if you are purchasing the 1.0 cart or the 1.1 cart?

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
6 months ago#5
I think TC was referring to if you are looking at game carts online or in a store, how do you know if you are purchasing the 1.0 cart or the 1.1 cart?

You don't. Almost none of the games tell you what version a release is.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. How to distinguish version 1.0 from version 1.1?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i get Hadouken? Side Quest1 Answer
Zero's Buster and Dr.lights buster? General3 Answers
What does the Z buster do? Side Quest2 Answers
How to use passwords? Side Quest1 Answer
Chill Peguin.....lost boots? Enemy/Boss2 Answers