• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Beat It For My First Time

User Info: penaferus

penaferus
1 year ago#1
I've finished several MM games in my day, but the Sigma stages and final boss in this game imo are obnoxious! It was so frustrating that I cheated with save states to prevent a brain aneurysm, lol. Very fun game, but the difficulty could be obscene to the point of feeling toxic on occasion. Which is weird, being everything outside the Sigma stages was so easy.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#2
I remember Sig himself being a b my first time, and one section that was most easily done with charged chameleon but otherwise it wasn't too bad IMO. I even beat a minimalist run a few years back, though I still used boss weaknesses.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

penaferus
1 year ago#3
DevsBro posted...
I remember Sig himself being a b my first time, and one section that was most easily done with charged chameleon but otherwise it wasn't too bad IMO. I even beat a minimalist run a few years back, though I still used boss weaknesses.

Pretty much the only parts I hated were a couple of the gauntlets in Sigma's stages, the spider boss, and Sigma himself. The rest was a blast.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#4
penaferus posted...
DevsBro posted...

Pretty much the only parts I hated were a couple of the gauntlets in Sigma's stages, the spider boss, and Sigma himself. The rest was a blast.

Ah Bospider.

It always surprises me how few people seem to be able to figure out his algorithm. It's really quite simple. He makes horizontal bars to connect the vertical ones, then he goes down until he hits one of the bars, which he will always take before continuing down. You can determine where he will end up before he even moves, though this requires some unreasonably quick thinking near the end of the fight, which is what makes it fun and exciting (you can still pause spam for extra time though).

Then of course he shoots out groups of spiders seemingly at random, and tosses out a lone spider any time you are higher than him.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

penaferus
1 year ago#5
DevsBro posted...
penaferus posted...
DevsBro posted...

Ah Bospider.

It always surprises me how few people seem to be able to figure out his algorithm. It's really quite simple. He makes horizontal bars to connect the vertical ones, then he goes down until he hits one of the bars, which he will always take before continuing down. You can determine where he will end up before he even moves, though this requires some unreasonably quick thinking near the end of the fight, which is what makes it fun and exciting (you can still pause spam for extra time though).

Then of course he shoots out groups of spiders seemingly at random, and tosses out a lone spider any time you are higher than him.

Yeah, I understood the concept for the spider. I just thought he moved too fast and his babies were cheap shots.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#6
Yeah, I understand Bospider perfectly well, it's just too fast to really react, and the time he's vulnerable is way too short.

Grats on finishing the game. I've played it so much that the final parts aren't really too difficult for me anymore, but it's definitely a different level from the 8boss stages. TBH most times I replay anymore I just go through the 8 stages and stop XD
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin
For fishing.

penaferus
1 year ago#7
NessEggman posted...
Yeah, I understand Bospider perfectly well, it's just too fast to really react, and the time he's vulnerable is way too short.

Grats on finishing the game. I've played it so much that the final parts aren't really too difficult for me anymore, but it's definitely a different level from the 8boss stages. TBH most times I replay anymore I just go through the 8 stages and stop XD

Thanks! I really enjoy these games for the most part, but there are definitely some obnoxious moments. I sometimes have a hard time believing I finished 3 or 4 MM games without using save states within Wily stages. 9 and 10 are my favorites, I think.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#8
9 and 10 are fantastic :)

Are you going to go on to play the other MMX games?
g Rod "hing RodCopper Fishin
For fishing.

penaferus
1 year ago#9
NessEggman posted...
9 and 10 are fantastic :)

Are you going to go on to play the other MMX games?

I'd love to grab them all in a sale, but I probably will have more time to play them in the fall so I'll wait til next time.
Ohhh, Elden Ring!

User Info: CashIn

CashIn
10 months ago#10
Well, more power to you. I played this game back in the day, but I never managed to actually finish it. The same thing with X2 and X3.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Beat It For My First Time
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i get Hadouken? Side Quest1 Answer
Zero's Buster and Dr.lights buster? General3 Answers
What does the Z buster do? Side Quest2 Answers
How to use passwords? Side Quest1 Answer
Chill Peguin.....lost boots? Enemy/Boss2 Answers