• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Does the Dash-Jump feel awkward in this game?
Just wondering. I've compared pressing Dash/Jump at the same time in this game compared to X2 and X3, and it feels a little off. It's like you're supposed to explicitly Dash and then Jump, whereas the other two games it allows you to simultaneously do both actions to get your Dash-Jump. I don't know if it just requires a little more play to be more intuitive, or if X2 and X3 are a little more forgiving with control input.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#2
Dunno about that. I don't remember any noteworthy difference regarding that across all three games.

But then, I started with X way back and didn't get to play X2 and X3 until many years later, so maybe I'm just wired into being used to the former's stricter inputs which naturally work on the latter two games as well. Who knows.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/76125431

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#3
The other games allow you dash jump as long as you are holding the dash button while pressing the jump button. In this game, you HAVE to jump while mid-dash in order to dash-jump, I think, which makes it indeed a little more clunky if you're trying to press both at the same time to immediately dash-jump.

It's a mechanic that makes dash-jumping from walls much easier in the later games as you can just hold down the dash button while clung to a wall and then just press jump when you want, instead of trying to press them together at the same moment without accidentally pressing jump first.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#4
NessEggman posted...
The other games allow you dash jump as long as you are holding the dash button while pressing the jump button. In this game, you HAVE to jump while mid-dash in order to dash-jump, I think, which makes it indeed a little more clunky if you're trying to press both at the same time to immediately dash-jump.

No, that only happened from X4 and afterwards. Not in X2 and X3.

It's a mechanic that makes dash-jumping from walls much easier in the later games as you can just hold down the dash button while clung to a wall and then just press jump when you want, instead of trying to press them together at the same moment without accidentally pressing jump first.

Regarding wall-dash-jumps, however, I believe you're right. Perhaps that's what the TC was talking about? Didn't think about that at first since he didn't mention walls in his initial post.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/76125431

User Info: NessEggman

NessEggman
1 year ago#5
Oh, woops, you're right. I was just misremembering it. Mostly been playing the later games recently. It is true about the wall jump, just tested it to make sure.

Though I have a friend who says something similar, that coming off of X2 and X3, the dash jump feels a little off somehow. Maybe they tweaked the mechanics a little between X1 and X2? I feel like speedrunners would have picked up on that, though.
http://thaao.net/playdiaries/ --- SSLPs of SaGa, Rockman, Harvest Moon, Tokimeki Memorial, and more
Space Medafighter X 1 year ago#6
Yeah, I was comparing it to X2 and X3.

I played X2 and X3 again both a week ago, right after playing X1, and there definitely seems to be a difference. Maybe it's entirely something psychological and there's nothing really different, but it really does feel slightly different.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man X
  3. Does the Dash-Jump feel awkward in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i get Hadouken? Side Quest1 Answer
Zero's Buster and Dr.lights buster? General3 Answers
What does the Z buster do? Side Quest2 Answers
How to use passwords? Side Quest1 Answer
Chill Peguin.....lost boots? Enemy/Boss2 Answers