• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. Has anyone here played the romhack Lufia II: Age of the Sinistrals?

User Info: DeathWyvern

DeathWyvern
7 months ago#1
If so, I'm looking for tips for Daos on retry/hardmode.

Fight seems...absurdly ridiculous, there are no lets plays on youtube that go this far into the game.

Every 3rd or 4th turn damaging skills heal him for like 3x the damage you would do, any damage done to him he reverses back with a move called reverse recollection which does absurd damage and apparently isn't stopped by def or mdef. If I stop trying to damage him during the phase where damage heals him he ends up healing for 9999 anyway, healing damages him while this phase is up but can't outdamage his own healing?

User Info: ARTEMlS

ARTEMlS
6 months ago#2
Didn't play it myself yet, but from looking at the readme Daos seems to get stronger the more different attacks hit him.

So maybe hit him with few but strong attacks like Holy Energy in order to surpass the healing but not trigger his counter too much. Of course, ATP buffed as if there's no tomorrow. Whereas stuff like Octo-Strike has to be avoided at all costs.

Also, as the added spells basically are the main selling point, I assume there probably is at least one new spell especially fitting to this battle.
My Mario Maker Levels:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ARTEMlS

User Info: ARTEMlS

ARTEMlS
6 months ago#3
Also it seems he can only heal 9999 like 3 times altogether. So just be patient with your attacking and you should be fine.
My Mario Maker Levels:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ARTEMlS

User Info: DeathWyvern

DeathWyvern
6 months ago#4
You were correct that he could only do the 9999 random heal 3 times.

Eventually killed him by using the skill Blitz (which damages you but does 3 hits basically the damage of holy energy or dragon rush) and the holy energy dragon rush IPs. It's just a long fight that you have to really pay attention to turn order on and just out wait his healing ability.

Highly recommend this romhack for anyone who loves this game and is looking for a good reason to do another play through of it. Mostly well balanced, there were a few parts that were really rough, but it wasn’t extremely painful until the very last part. Once you hit the 3 towers and fortress you really need to have your s*** in order and be ready. Adds a lot of new skills (70ish), and a much needed climatic final boss that I always felt was kinda missing from the original game (last boss in Lufia 2 is underwhelming to say the least.)

I haven’t done a run through in probably a decade (and I used to play this game like once a year before then.) so this was extremely fun and engaging for me, but I was pretty rusty on remembering what IPs and equipment were good especially with limited inventory towards the end of the game I was always worried I would feed something to a CM or discard something I needed badly but I still beat it, very few equips from blue chests out of the AC as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. Has anyone here played the romhack Lufia II: Age of the Sinistrals?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A