• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. What's the hardest puzzle in this game that you have to solve to progress?

User Info: KuzefromYakuza0

KuzefromYakuza0
8 months ago#1
I'm not talking optional puzzles, but a puzzle you must solve for progress.

I find the hardest puzzle pretty early on in the Treasure Sword Shrine I believe. You have to pick up blocks and have all of the colors match. The first two puzzles weren't that bad, but the third one stumped me and a lot of people for a long time to the point of having to look up a guide.

Would you say that's the hardest non optional puzzle in the game?

User Info: ARTEMlS

ARTEMlS
8 months ago#2
There's also Dragon Mountain's sprouting flower puzzle.
My Mario Maker Levels:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ARTEMlS

User Info: KuzefromYakuza0

KuzefromYakuza0
8 months ago#3
ARTEMlS posted...
There's also Dragon Mountain's sprouting flower puzzle.

That one is a doozy as well.

User Info: Excalibur

Excalibur
5 months ago#4
Definitely the Treasure Sword Shrine color blocks. I used to rent this game repeatedly, start a new game each time, and get stuck on the blocks. Never managed to pass it until a few years later when I was able to find a solution online, and I feel pretty confident that even if I approached the game for the first time now those blocks would still stump me.

The Dragon Mountain plants are a very close second, but I was at least able to eventually figure that one out on my own.
A barrel roll would be unnecessary and dangerous.

User Info: ti83magic

ti83magic
5 months ago#5
I remember being stuck at two places- the dragon mountain puzzle, because of course- which is also the only dungeon whose puzzles are not mentioned in the strategy guide that came with the game. The other was a (in hindsight very easy) puzzle just before Maxim marry Selan, It's these two statues that you have to hit a certain amount of times, if I recall correctly. The strategy guide did explain that puzzle, but it explained it wrong, so little kid me was stumped for a while.

That dragon mountain puzzle though... I spent days trying to figure out that one. I eventually figured out a way to do it with a well-placed bomb, and to this day don't know if that was the intended solution.
Welcome the oblivion of ignorance, for to have knowledge... is to be damned...
$('div[data-userid="5607951"]').parent().parent().next().toggle();
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. What's the hardest puzzle in this game that you have to solve to progress?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A