• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. This game needs a remake...

User Info: Cyrus83

Cyrus83
11 months ago#1
Seriously, all these games being remade. This would completely relaunch the Lufia series. This was by far and the best of the series, if it was remade on any system (I'm biased to switch) in 3D, It would blow my mind.

*Edit* - Well damn, apparently there was and I get the feeling it sucked :(

Perhaps make a little like Xenoblade as far as real time battle goes ;x

User Info: Avvil

Avvil
11 months ago#2
I don't think the remake was the worst thing in the world -- though it can't even come close to touching the place Lufia II has in my heart. Aside from the fact that it has just an overall weaker visual presentation (despite the fact that it's a remake, the original's sprites and environments are always so crisp and polished to me that I can only see the remake as a pure downgrade), the greatest problems are the redesign and recharacterization of the main cast. Some cases of the recharacterization are more subtle than others, but for a game (at least for me) whose most important aspect is the characters, that's an area that needs to be handled with more than utmost care.

I did try to approach with an open mind. I understood that changes had been made, and I honestly felt like it would have been a mistake not to have changed anything in the process of remaking the game. But what I got was nothing close to what I wanted, or even what I would have felt reasonable hoping for. I do still think Curse of the Sinistrals is a decent game...but given that Lufia II remains in my top ten games of all time after all these years, decent comes off as fairly damning critique, which it arguably should.
"But...her voice when she's in pain is pretty adorable, you know?"
-Saya, Saya no Uta
  1. Boards
  2. Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
  3. This game needs a remake...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A