• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  3. are every zelda game as bad as this one.?

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 month ago#41
I can see why some people might be turned off by Zelda 1 and 2. They are probably the hardest and have old graphics, but then again I've never played anything from N64 on in the series. But i've heard a lot of the newer Zeldas are much easier than this or the gameboy games.

I think for the NES Zeldas.. that difficulty I think lies with the fact you can't go in more than the 4 directions IIRC and the lone fact that those stupid enemies that take your shield keep it for good so you have to go buy a whole new one. At least here you you have the chance to get it back. That was a tough dungeon, 5 or 6 I think where those shield eating enemies were.
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
1 month ago#42
TriforceSD posted...
I can see why some people might be turned off by Zelda 1 and 2. They are probably the hardest and have old graphics, but then again I've never played anything from N64 on in the series. But i've heard a lot of the newer Zeldas are much easier than this or the gameboy games.

I think for the NES Zeldas.. that difficulty I think lies with the fact you can't go in more than the 4 directions IIRC and the lone fact that those stupid enemies that take your shield keep it for good so you have to go buy a whole new one. At least here you you have the chance to get it back. That was a tough dungeon, 5 or 6 I think where those shield eating enemies were.

Like-Likes. There's a couple in Level 4, but they're prominent in Level 6 and Level 9 in the first quest. Can't remember which dungeons have them in the second quest. I think if you kill them fast enough, you can keep your shield. Couldn't tell you how long you have though.
"A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

User Info: TyVulpine

TyVulpine
1 month ago#43
usually about three seconds is all the time you have before they'll eat the Magic Shield.
Also, Second Quest, they appear in Dungeons 5, 6 and 9.
Dream Address DA-6517-3174-1702

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
1 month ago#44
They're a little tricky. Worst thing you can do is chase after them. That's often how I've gotten captured. Keep your distance and hit them with the shooting sword, arrows (if you have Rupees to spare), or the Magic Wand.
"A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  3. are every zelda game as bad as this one.?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A