• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  3. Is it strictly necessary to have any empty/magic bottles?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#1
I've done a 2 bottle, Green Tunic, L2 Sword, Fighter Shield run, but I'm looking to do an even more restrictive run. Is a bottle necessary for any progression? I don't recall ever truly needing one.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: MorbidEngel

MorbidEngel
1 month ago#2
I don't think you do, but it makes the game a lot easier because you can't have fairies or potions without them.

I believe OoT is what started the trend of "at least one bottle is mandatory".
I am a super sandwich!
http://www.last.fm/user/ToxicOrochi
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Jormungandr83

Jormungandr83
1 month ago#3
if you only have L2 Sword, then beating Trinexx might require a green bottle to refill magic.
You're too late. I gave the job to some spellsword.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#4
I'll do a one bottle run then. Thanks!
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: TriforceSD

TriforceSD
1 week ago#5
Is it possible to do Turtle Rock without a bottle full of green or blue potion?? We all know that suggestion that it's not advisable to enter without at least the medicine of potion. I guess it could be possible if you have the Ice Rod and use the Freeze/Hammer trick for magic refillers. Or Ether since Ice Rod might not be allowed?
Our kitty has left to be with the Lord.
RIP Rascal, March 12, 2016. We miss you dearly...

User Info: elmontro42

elmontro42
1 week ago#6
At the very least one bottle. Unless you are not leaving room for error.
Let's make arcades great again
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  3. Is it strictly necessary to have any empty/magic bottles?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A