• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lagoon
  3. Time for Lagoon 2

User Info: Illuminaa

Illuminaa
1 year ago#1
Make it longer, make it harder with more bosses, and most of all, make the monsters drop more than 1-10gold if you gonna have items in the game for 10k.

Whatever you do, don't make the sword larger, it takes away the challenge of always standing on that one pixel.
GT : Celestial Letum

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
1 year ago#2
Oh, the list...

- Get rid of the sword slashing altogether and bring back the system the X68K version used: Bump into the enemy while your sword was drawn and recover HP while your sword was sheathed. Also, allow MP to recover even when on the move.
- Mod the rings to give them a more passive benefit that does not cost MP (and also not a blatant ripoff of Ys-I rings). Giving the rings a heavy MP cost severely limits their use, even under the best of circumstances. Perhaps, adding variety to the mix and creating room-specific rings, like a Light Ring that could illuminate the room so you can see where you are going (and possibly reveal secret doors).
- Restore the original concept of strengths and weaknesses to certain spells, instead of just a 'yes or no' if they will do any damage. It kinda limits their use to like 2 areas of the game, as things are.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!

User Info: europea

europea
9 months ago#3
I keep thinking about this alternate reality where Lagoon took off and became a franchise, evolving along the same trajectory as Ys. And there is a Lagoon game which looks and plays like Ys 5. And maybe Ys fades into obscurity.

User Info: Illuminaa

Illuminaa
9 months ago#4
Lagoon 2 pls
GT : Celestial Letum

User Info: europea

europea
9 months ago#5
not a dig on Ys btw, I like the game. The only thing is, it and Lagoon conceptually started from the same place while one "made it" and one didn't, leading you to look at Ys for "what could have been". And that would include a modernized Lagoon sequel.

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
9 months ago#6
The first Ys was made in '87 while the first Lagoon was made in '90. A lot of the Lagoon's mechanics appear to be borrowed from Ys-II (basic magic spells, though Ys only had one attack, but overall had better variety) and Ys-III (The use of magic-depleting rings). Those came out in '88 and '89, respectively.

Lagoon II would totally deserve a game manual like the x68k's version. Even though the art style was not this super professional polished stuff, it was VERY consistent through the manual, the cutscenes, character profiles, etc. I think the consistency is part of the game's charm and I would say that appearance-wise, it is the far superior version. The SNES version did not use much of the original artwork (mainly the character profiles) and of course all the tile/sprite data (though many monsters/bosses were re-worked), but all the cutscene artwork is clearly different (and to be honest, is hardly impressive).

Something else that needs change: The rings. What is point in making 40% of the rings unavailable until near the end of the game? Kinda defeats the purpose of making them available, especially when they don't work under certain situations (Like boss fights).

Oh, another note: You can use spells against bosses in the x68k version. :D
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!
  1. Boards
  2. Lagoon
  3. Time for Lagoon 2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Moon stone help? General1 Answer
Sword Length? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I get moon stones? Side Quest1 Answer