• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Illusion of Gaia
  3. Back of the US box says "60 hours of gameplay"

User Info: irwinbreathmint

irwinbreathmint
8 years ago#1
lol 60 hrs just seems like false advertising
People make me sparky

User Info: KeyBlade999

KeyBlade999
8 years ago#2
I'll admit that. It's rarely over 20 for me. >_>

Fun game nonetheless.

User Info: Owngineer

Owngineer
8 years ago#3
It takes at least three playthroughs to get all the gems.

KeyBlade999
8 years ago#4
Not if you follow general RPG logic and check everything.

User Info: Owngineer

Owngineer
8 years ago#5
My joke--->

Your head

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
8 years ago#6
Companies were notorious in over stating the length of RPGs back then.

User Info: funkadelius

funkadelius
8 years ago#7
Haha so true. Final Fantasy III said one hundred hours on the back. At the age of thirteen I completed it in sixty on my first play through and I took my sweet time.

Does IoG have a built in clock? I don't remember. I'll have to check, maybe see what some of the speed run times are......
I am Error. Check out my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCApMBqrP3fY1s6AiqQ3yTug?

User Info: Mouser05

Mouser05
8 years ago#8
Owngineer posted...
It takes at least three playthroughs to get all the gems.

Owngineer posted...
My joke--->

Your head

I also do not understand the humor behind your statement. Would you care to elaborate?
It's time to split- Sgt.Cortez
Emulators are for squares.

KeyBlade999
8 years ago#9
funkadelius posted...
Haha so true. Final Fantasy III said one hundred hours on the back. At the age of thirteen I completed it in sixty on my first play through and I took my sweet time.

Does IoG have a built in clock? I don't remember. I'll have to check, maybe see what some of the speed run times are......

Like an in-game counter?

No, not that I'm aware of.

User Info: darknation800

darknation800
8 years ago#10
ah the 90's people back then were easily duped when they bought games. I mean as a kid, if I see 60 hours of gameplay on the back of the box, I'm going bonkers and asking for that game. Nowadays you'll rarely see something claiming it has over 60 hours of gameplay, unless it actually *does* have that. Like Disgaea 2 claims it has 90 hours or something...and it actually does. Not the main game itself, but all the extra stuff there is to do after you beat it.

What extra is there to do in Illusion of Gaia, though? It's a pretty straightforward game. A great game, but surely it doesn't take 60 hours to do everything, unless you're stuck and waste a lot of time trying to figure out a puzzle. Like I remember it took me a while to figure out you have to stand on the golden block for 10 seconds or so to open the door. There weren't any clues of any nature as far as I could tell, so it was almost random luck.
  1. Boards
  2. Illusion of Gaia
  3. Back of the US box says "60 hours of gameplay"
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I Spin Dash? Side Quest3 Answers
How do you use psyco dash? General1 Answer
can i go back to the coast? Side Quest1 Answer
O quê como pra fazer o Spin Dash? Side Quest1 Answer
Where can I find herbs? Side Quest1 Answer