• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Home Improvement
  3. What the hell was I thinking?

User Info: VeryFunTimes

VeryFunTimes
5 years ago#11
I retract my apology. Don't be snippy.
Hey

User Info: Roy_Stantz

Roy_Stantz
5 years ago#12
When you look at Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit online, for the most part, it's considered a joke or it gets bad reviews. Y'know, that game catches a lot of flack. The thing that happens is, when magazines and video-gaming websites make fun of a game, it becomes the official word, and most people can't make up their own decisions, that they'll go ahead and believe this game sucks. So that's why I believe that Power Tool Pursuit may have its flaws, but I think it's been judged unfairly.

I've played this game, and it's surprisingly decent. Yes, Power Tool Pursuit is hard at many points, but you just have to stick with it. I was stuck on a couple of stages for a wee while before I figured them out.

Back in the day, there were a lot of 8-bit and 16-bit titles that didn't hold your hand, and you had to fight your way through them on your own.

Also, I think the game's lack of an instruction manual and only a Binford slip telling you that "real men don't need instructions" is a rather nice nod to the TV show where Tim would go forth with a project without proper instructions as well as wave off any warnings from Al, only to screw up said project with some wacky accident.

Here are the controls, which won't take long in getting used to:

B = Jump
Y = Dash
A = Shoot Current Weapon
X = Grappling Hook
X + Up = Grappling Hook Up
X + Forward = Hammer
X + Down = Jackhammer
L & R = Shoot Current Weapon Diagonally

So in the long run, yes, Tim Allen fighting dinosaurs, giant scorpions, and ghosts *is* stupid, but if you can look past that, Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit is a pretty fun game if you like a challenge. It's not Super Ghouls & Ghosts hard, but it's still difficult.

User Info: VeryFunTimes

VeryFunTimes
5 years ago#13
I request non-topicality.
Hey
  1. Boards
  2. Home Improvement
  3. What the hell was I thinking?
  • Topic Archived