• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Equinox
  3. Equinox is such a great game...

User Info: Jigglysaint

Jigglysaint
13 years ago#51
I'd pretty much have to replace a spell. Perhaps Save could be sacrificed. Hope you are all good at getting though the Ghost Ship without dying :)!

User Info: loaf

loaf
13 years ago#52
That’s not a problem for me. I wouldn’t miss the “Save” or the “Unlock” spell, personally :)
“Freeze” and “Reveal” seem pretty useless as well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I never use those.

Jigglysaint
13 years ago#53
Well I will make Slow and Freeze manditory spells to pick up, and I was just joking about Save. Unlock could have a use, but it's usefullness is limited since the last dungeon is on a distant island. If you could go back to the mainland, you could use it to find new areas or somthing. Reveal is kind of useless, especially for the amount of magic it uses. Perhaps I could use it in tandem with spike platforms so if you don't want to do trial and error for most of the level, you would need the spell.

Heal, now heal is a useless spell. Problem is that I wouldn't want to give it so early. Hmm, maybe what I could do is make the weapons magical, and give you powers for equipping them. It would make getting all of them practically manditory, and it would force you to use lower class weapons in certain areas.

loaf
13 years ago#54
Just letting you know that I’m still here, I hope that your hack is still coming along smoothly.
Oh and removing the “Heal” spell would definitely make for a more challenging hack for sure.

Jigglysaint
13 years ago#55
I've finished level 2. I think I'll keep the heal spell in though. To make up for it though, most of the spells will be used. So far I have a room where you MUST use the Slow spell, and I plan to do the same for the Freeze spell. I also plan to have some simple backtracking to earlier dungeons.

Level 2 was by far the hardest level to hack seeing as how the room selection is limited, and apparently there are only 13 items in the dungeon, which explains why most of the tokens are found by defeating enemies. I may want to do some tweaking, since there is at least one room that I had not edited, but fits into the level design. As for what to expect, expect some surprises. Some things are not always as they seem, and sometimes the solution to a room comes by how you traverse the level.

User Info: Notusedname

Notusedname
13 years ago#56

I like it too, well i don't think so much about how it looks and i usually take of the sound and play one of my many CD's instead, but it is a great game otherwise.

I walked it through this weekend while i heard some of my Billy Joel albums. I have earlier used it as substitute for Zelda, but even though i now got two Zelda games Equinox is harder and takes longer to complete. So it still get used.

But it took a long time for me to really like it, because it is hard to see how the things lay compeard to each other, and it is easy to be confused where to go after fifth and sixth world, if you play it for the first time.

loaf
13 years ago#57
Thanks excellent to hear Jigglysaint! Hey, at least you got the hardest level finished! Are you tackling the levels as they are played in the game? (Galadonia, Tori, Deeso, Atlena etc.)

I can’t WAIT to play this!!!!!!!

Jigglysaint
13 years ago#58
It would seem pointless to edit the game out of order, so yeah the next one is Desso. I still need to develop a theme for it though. I also need to release a patch of Tori at some point too.

But as for Desso, without giving anything away, I was thinking of making a more fragmented dungeon. I want to concentrate on using concepts the original designers never thought of. One thing I've seen in the game, is how many of the entrances are not used. For the first dungeon you need to go in and out, but for most of them, you find one entrance and you only come up to save. I want to change that.

loaf
13 years ago#59
I’m following you, and I must say that I really like the way that you’re thinking!
  1. Boards
  2. Equinox
  3. Equinox is such a great game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A