• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
  3. In regards to aquiring the dragon mail...

User Info: L_Word

L_Word
10 years ago#1
As well as gathering enough charm points to purchase it you can also (by chance) take out one of the blue fire-ant lions in the lava pit just before the shop.

You'll obviously take damage as you jump in so make sure you're in good health then equip the armor the moment you pick it up.

I'm not sure if certain items need to be worn in order for this to occur but so far its worked on 2 recent consecutive occasions with Piranha-Man weilding the shogun blade, shogun shield and shogun lamellar.

Had a little free time and felt the need to mention this.
The ability to lie is a liability

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
10 years ago#2
Obtaining equipment from enemies is random. You can obtain quite a lot of equipment from them (though never anything you wouldn't be able to get from shops by that point in the game) but it only happens occasionally.
Brawl FC - 0301 9482 5952 HeartGold FC 1803-4893-8440 TvsC FC 0775-5679-9240
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat classic games!

User Info: L_Word

L_Word
10 years ago#3
Ah, I see. It didn't occur during the 3rd recent playthrough though this time I had enough charm points to purchase it from the shop anyway.

I didn't expect anyone to be wandering these boards. Good to see the odd gamer still steps in to appreciate an old classic now and then.
The ability to lie is a liability

Terotrous
10 years ago#4
The drop rate actually doesn't seem to be that low from the right enemies, I just got a free Dragon Mail from that spot, and I got a free Tasmanian Sword from the Ninja Castle in the same spot as on my last playthrough.

It's handy if you're lazy because the gear you need to buy to beat the Ninja Castle is expensive. Without the Muramasa Blade, Prince Armor, and Master Shield you don't stand too much of a chance of getting through that alive. Any pennies you can pinch is less grinding to do.

I've actually been playing this game via the PS2 Sega Ages Monster World Complete Collection, which has this game and every other Wonder Boy game ever created on it, complete with all versions from the various systems they appeared on. Great franchise, shame it's so unknown.

User Info: Deep_Crow

Deep_Crow
10 years ago#5
I wish the Sega Ages games came to America, its really not fair to deprive new gamers of such classics.
TEAM BELMONT

Terotrous
10 years ago#6
Well, they're very import friendly, the menus are totally in english and most even include the translated versions of the games.

The wonder boy collection inexplicably misses the Master System version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land (the Japanese Mark 3 version is included), that's the only game missing its translation.

Interestingly, the Mark 3 version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land is much harder than the Master System version, as all bosses have twice as much health. I have a run of the Mark 3 version on my site.
  1. Boards
  2. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
  3. In regards to aquiring the dragon mail...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Reset wonderboy3? General1 Answer